SEPR time spread

Discussion in 'Options' started by riskarb, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Thanks for the explanation. It'll be interesting to see how that works out.

#31     Feb 24, 2004
  2. No shot piker! To trade my unc's money, you'd have to be trading my money as well, and to trade my money you'd have to show me you can do a little more than just regurgitate Natenburg.
    So unless your hollow conceptualizations transform into genuine understanding sometime soon, then CCM can offer you little more than a sincere wish of eternal losses and legendary pain... :D :p

Arb has stacks of hundreds taller than both of us, so when the inevitible occurs -- perhaps you can contact him and he might be willing to float you a line :)

#32     Feb 24, 2004
  3. I love it when guys who may happen to know a thing or two about the Greeks start acting like fundamental analysts. Sorry, but methinks thou hath no edge in that very different game. I suggest that you stick to your knitting if you desire to retain your standing among the neophyte ET multitudes who are far too easily impressed by relative fluency in the foreign tongue.

#33     Feb 24, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

HD, care to explain what the hell your talking about? I don't think I gave any fundamental explanation for this trade. I did the trade for the march vol skew and the possibility that this stock could pop or get killed. This trade was not made based on any technical or fundamental criteria. Would you like to explain this a little further? You have me lost.

I don't think in the 2 years I have been posting on this site that I have ever made a technical or fundamental call. Are you sure you don't have me confused with somebody else?

In fact, I think I stated on this trade that I don't have any clue where this stock is going to trade after the announcement. How is that making a call? LOL.

#34     Feb 24, 2004
  5. Then my misunderstanding. I thought all the talk about FDA approvals, sales potential, market opportunities, etc. was delving into the realm of the fundamental. Perhaps Greek is not the only language with which I, at times, have difficulty. Mea culpa.

#35     Feb 24, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, I'll be honestly with you, I couldn't tell an FDA approval from a hooker and bag of a blow. I also couldn't even begin to tell you where this stock will be come Monday. The only reason I went on about the drug and the FDA and the company is because some people on this board like to have some background info on the stock at hand. All I know, is that this stock is going to move, period. How much and in what direction is beyond me. That is why I constructed the trade in the way that I did.

If you want my opinion, I'll tell you that fundamental and technical analysis is crap. I will never base my trades on those things not because I think they have no merit, but because I don't know how people will react to it. Somebody could whisper in my ear that this stock is going to get the approval and I load up on calls only to see they sell the news and I'm left holding the bag. All that shit means mean nothing. What I am interested in though is a catalyst. I'm looking for a spark. I'm looking for a kid with some gasoline and matches who is up to no good. I hope this explanation is suffice.

#36     Feb 24, 2004
  7. This thread needs a little love....Group hugs everybody... breathe in breathe out...in...out. It's only options!!

#37     Feb 24, 2004
  8. Sometimes I really love this site!!!!:D :D :D :D

And now is one of them!

#38     Feb 24, 2004
  9. palawan

palawan

And it's MUCH appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge. It's great to learn from everyone's knowledge and experiences. And best of all, it's free :cool:

Just got my "Option Volatility & Pricing" by Natenberg and "Pit Bull" by Buzzy Schwartz in the mail today. I can hardly wait for the weekend to dig into them. I've already started with "Pit Bull" and it's a great book, so far.

Best of Luck to everyone!

#39     Feb 25, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

I sold some more March. Ratio is now 1 x 2. Might sell some more tomorrow.

#40     Feb 25, 2004