Separate trading office

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by spreadem, Jun 7, 2003.

1. mixer

mixer

What state do you live in?

#51     Jun 15, 2003
  2. What does a tie symbolize?
    [​IMG] Why do people wear a tie in the office?

#52     Jun 17, 2003
  3. complex

complex

the BART is the bay area rapid transport, the subway in the bay area. he is in california.

complex

#53     Jun 17, 2003
  4. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

not *nice*... ESSENTIAL!

#54     Jun 17, 2003
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Jeez yes. I went home Friday night, had a question or two I wanted to research, the house is Grand Central Station, the telephone line has gotten crossed with somebody else's and some obsessive compulsive kid is hitting the redial button every 30 seconds (this really happened) for hours, we think it is some pranksters, I have to stop everything and try to deal with this shit, plus the dogs haven't been fed even though there are three people in and out all day. After awhile I just had to shut the computer off and daydream of a really beautiful office, with bookshelves, I can see the whole thing, the brick and wood decor, the beautiful view of a large body of water somewhere.....

Two offices are necessary, one for trading and whooping it up all day and another for research.

Max

#55     Jun 17, 2003
  6. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Uh-oh, large body of water... now you're slipping back into distractions! I know a guy who moved to the beach and looks out over the ocean... his trading has definitely slowed down... but his social life has definitely improved:D

#56     Jun 17, 2003
  7. Sounds like a bad trade: buying social life and selling ability to maintain it.

#57     Jun 17, 2003
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Yeah, an autotraded system where I only have to check in a couple of times a day.... Next time I'm dreaming about the office I will have to include that!!

Max

#58     Jun 17, 2003
  9. I prefer working at home so strongly, that I'm forced to pay $930/month for my own T1.

The Chicago suburb I'm moving to this summer has no DSL or cable modem availability. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more of you have residential T1's.

#59     Jun 17, 2003
  10. There are many smaller, sparsely populated communities all over that do not have dsl or cable modem availability. Many people don't realize it though.

Incidently, I think you've probably found that a T1 is a hundred times more dependable than either dsl or cable modem.

#60     Jun 17, 2003