Seoul is putting solar on all public buildings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nobert, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Nobert

Nobert

,,In Seoul, South Korea, every public building and 1 million homes will have solar panels by 2022. South Korea, the world’s fourth-largest coal importer, is making a concerted effort to shift to green energy after public pressure to do so and aims to generate 35% of its electricity from renewables by 2040.''

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/11/14/s...fckk5A6rdDFVMspNW19qin5Zn_BoFkK1nYlD84t0Wsf_8

Meanwhile :

14:38

Given the fact that energy consumption will grow from developing regions/countries and current largest consumers, even, there will be better technologies, to match it up...

How long will it take, still ?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. darui

darui

It is good for our climate

3. Now that is actually a good move. I am all up for it but my concern is what will happen during winter since it is much much colder there, no?

4. Colder yes, cloudier no. Cold sunny days are actually better for solar panel efficiency. Also, solar panels aren't meant to completely replace coal consumption. That would be the job for nuclear fusion or something should we ever get there.

Nobert likes this.
  5. mlawson71

mlawson71

I am not sure we will see nuclear fusion any time soon, but using some clean energy is always good.

Nobert likes this.
  6. Wonderful.
    I hope the rest of the world would start doing the same.

7. mlawson71

mlawson71

Many people are doing the same, but just as individuals.

Nobert likes this.
  8. Nobert

Nobert