Sentiment Is Too Bullish

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Only down a tad. Hardly a bloodbath.

#31     Oct 21, 2008
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

89...not that bad

#32     Oct 21, 2008
  3. I took some futures in. There'll be a chance o/n to sell better prices.

Best example of corporate malfeasance the past year? LEH? AIG? My vote goes to YHOO. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, never take points off the board and never turn down a takeover bid double the price of your last print.....

(jeez in the time it took me to type NQ rallied 20pts :p )

#33     Oct 21, 2008
  4. #34     Oct 21, 2008
  5. I don't think we are close to a bottom according to my model. A 10% move from the low/high in the credit indicator signals a reversal in trend. The credit indicator is my custom indicator and the red line is the actual SPY close. It is monthly data and used to determine the long-term trend.

I have another model to forecast commodities prices too.

• sp.jpg
      File size:
      67.8 KB
      Views:
    #35     Oct 21, 2008
  6. Your model is crap

#36     Oct 21, 2008
  7. Thanks, based on your track record here I'll take that as a compliment.

#37     Oct 21, 2008
  8. mokwit

mokwit

Way too much money and bullish sentiment on the sidelines for this to be over.

Right now the Public and their idiot mutual fund managers are buying the bull market just gone - all the way down just as they do every time.

Second slower more destructive wave of the tsunami to come. I don't think the market has priced in the corporate failues to come. The US corporate model was built on free and easy credit, but once everyone is maxed out then more credit doesn't do it.

Talk of restarting the housing market with rate cuts is the talk of the clueless academic buffoon and the desperate.

#38     Oct 21, 2008
  9. noob noob noob, the era of reaganomics, supply side, and deficit spending is far from over. There is still tons of credit and huge liquidy. No economic problems at all. No more downside. Futures surging again.

#39     Oct 21, 2008
  10. what happens in a couple weeks when we will have a new democratic president and the house and senate get even a bigger majority?

#40     Oct 21, 2008