sentence in CIA's factbook summarizes US's economic condition

Discussion in 'Economics' started by T_Geithner, May 10, 2010.

1. "Since 1975, practically all the gains in household income have gone to the top 20% of households."

this is very important information, it gives us insight into the future of america

----------------------

also related to the thread I recently opened

"US firms are at or near the forefront in technological advances, ... their advantage has narrowed since the end of World War II."

----------------------

another noteworthy statement in there is

"Long-term problems include inadequate investment in economic infrastructure, rapidly rising medical and pension costs of an aging population, sizable trade and budget deficits, and stagnation of family income in the lower economic groups."

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html

2. MoscowTD

MoscowTD

I used to have lot of respect for CIA in the early days.

Current CIA is just a tool of the banking Cartel FED and IMF, Private Central banks.

It's like mafia has its goons. The mindless goon with machine gun is CIA

A goon for hire.

There are good people in CIA, people who believe in protecting USA (which means American population). But the ones who make the rules are in Federal Reserve pocket

3. Ed Breen

Ed Breen

That top 20% since 1975...you are not supposing that they are all the same people year after year are you?

4. And you think they were Boy Scouts before? Those with the gold have always made the rules. They are nothing more or less than a blunt instrument of US policy.

The FSB, excuse me KGB is the same blunt instrument for the Kremlin, you know that.

5. I've known 2 men who worked for "The Agency", one was a cowboy from a rather prominent family who's tenure was short but interesting. He quit to work his family's small cattle ranch and was very happy to get cowshit on his boots every day.
    The other retired to be an investor, who did rather well.
    Both were patriots.
    I also know a military Intel officer who is also a patriot.
    Their service to our country was, and is, very much appreciated.

6. I agree their service in quite honorable.

As much as I criticize US policy recently, I am not naive enough to think that other countries and their agencies do much differently. The world is gray as is life.

7. I am, because no more than 1% of the total population has moved in and out of that top 20% group

and yes I'm pulling the above statement out of my ass, just like you're pulling your assumption out of your ass, so long as you can't provide evidence to back any assumptions you make, there is no reason to consider it, thus we will assume the default, that majority of the households in the top 20% are still the same ones

8. Daal

Daal

I wouldn't be shocked if the in the long-run this isn't ALWAYS the case in captalistic societies

9. Ever played a game of Monopoly?

Predicting the endgame isn't that hard to do.

10. Exactly Rome and the British Empire repeated, who's next.........

#10     May 10, 2010