Sensory Defensiveness/Hypersensitivity

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Rearden Metal, Oct 13, 2009.

Got Sensory Defensiveness?

1. Nope, no problem here.

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Only a little bit.

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Yes, to a moderate degree.

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  4. Yes, and it's pretty harsh.

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. True confessions, I cannot stand a car door open with the "key in" bell dinging, makes me feel violent, feedback during a public speaking presentation, makes me want to get up and leave, feedback at a Deep Purple concert acceptable and welcome. Two radios on two different stations at the same time, makes me want to smash the radios, people chewing food in a quiet setting, makes me get up and leave, but someone slurping soup or a milkshake no problem. Someone humming or whistling the same phrase over and over, maddening. At times going to fiestas, it seems as if the Salsa and Merengue can wear my brain out, or maybe its the dancing and I am just old :D

The Ever Glad Reardon Is Still With Us VIPER

#51     Oct 26, 2009
  2. ammo

ammo

great story topper

#52     Oct 26, 2009
  3. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

try the technology offered by heartmath.com

you will learn to use your breathing to get yourself into the "zone" where you will have a higher tolerance for things that bother you. practice with it several times through out the day if possible.

it works.

#53     Oct 30, 2009
  4. nitro

nitro

I am going to test it out today on RM. I am going to start clicking my pen insesantly, and see if he starts breathing.

#54     Oct 30, 2009
  5. If anyone is looking for Nitro, please just leave him a message. Nitro will be unavailable for the next few hours while he seeks medical attention, due to an unfortunate incident where a foreign object (pen) was forcibly and violently inserted into his rectal cavity.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated.

#55     Oct 30, 2009