Sending Multiple spreads in TOS

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by DennisR, Mar 31, 2008.

1. DennisR

DennisR

Just a quick question for TOS users. I want to enter two options spreads, but i want them to fill simultaneously. Is that what the blast feature is for? The way they described it in the flash demo it sounds like it just enters them simultaneously, but not necessarily fills them simultaneously.

In other words i want to buy an iron condor and sell a straddle but i don't want to be left with one filled and not the other.

can anyone help me figure this out?

2. gkishot

gkishot

ToS won't be able to guarantee that. The fills are up to the exchanges. Using the market orders ( or at least one of them) might help you get them executed closer to each other. Try to use their 'One triggers another' order with the second trade set at the market price.

3. I have seen "all or nothing" type orders (for stocks only) on other brokers but I don't recall ever seeing that feature for any options platform. This does not mean it does not exist but I am pretty sure TOS doesn't have that...yet.

I was planning on sending that in to them as a suggestion as well as the ability to scroll charts to the right so that the most current candle is in the middle or even far left of the chart.

4. gkishot

gkishot

I believe All or nothing order type applies only to the orders made up of one stock.

5. I just re-read what you wrote and I have to ask: Why in the hell are you trying to buy an Iron Condor and sell a Straddle? The P/L graph on a trade like that doesn't look very appealing.

6. DennisR

DennisR

An all or nothing is exactly what i want. Now i have to be very relaxed with my price limits so i'm sure to be filled. I use the "one triggers other" feature but i'm still not guaranteed to fill if market moves quick.

7. DennisR

DennisR

You just have to look a litte more.

8. Tums

Tums

Yes, it can be done. Just give them a call, they can do that for you over the phone.