Sending in 25 orders per sec w/ the sterling API

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by WhiteOut56, May 10, 2011.

1. maybe an idea...

#11     May 12, 2011
  2. They've been very helpful and have listened to my bitch several times, but they have no idea why I have 1 computer that sends em' fast and 7 others that send em' slow. They have suggested to remove anti virus software / firewalls, and probably 50 other things I can't think of at the moment ...... that I did, but still doesn't work

#12     May 12, 2011
  3. 1) Will try to uninstall SP1 and reinstall. I do have btw
    2) Writing and compiling in 2005
    3) No Different network cards, however same exact memory
    4) I have uninstalled the STI version millions of times, with no results. I'm going to try reinstalling .net and maybe the drivers

*** I do not have however SP1... so I wonder if by installing that I'll have luck

#13     May 12, 2011
  4. It might be the different network cards.

Try swapping them if you can or adding a different one on top of the built-in one.

It could also be some other hardware component such as video card that is using excessive memory or interrupts.

It could also just be a larger cache in the processor on one machine.

You could try running a series of benchmark programs on the different computers and that may allow you to identify the bottlenecks.

#14     May 12, 2011
  5. Really, you should have posted this under the hardware section of ET.

Anyway, this is pretty simple, but feel free to send me a bottle of Chivas if this works.

1) Make sure you have exact same hardware on one of the computer that is not working as the one that it is working on.

2) Buy a copy of Norton Ghost and an external usb hard drive. This is something you should have anyway for whatever business you do including trading.

3) Install Norton Ghost on the good computer, and make a full backup to the external hard drive.

4) Restore to computer that is not working.

5) Turn off the computer that is working, see if you can now send 25 orders from the restored computer.

Assuming 2nd computer now works fine:

A) Off the top of my head I can't remember it, but Google how to change the Windows license on the restored computer so it uses the license from the sticker on that computer since you usually can't use 2 copies of the same license.

#15     May 12, 2011