Senator's Aide Busted For Carrying Pistol Into Capitol

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Chood

Chood

I agree with AAA here. More pols and the parties oughta “walk the walk,” as Webb and his staffer do. Call it anti-hypocrisy, or personal correctness: carry a gun, oppose gun control.

Let’s hope personal correctness heralds a fresh, invigorating break with the past by the Dems and Republicans. Just think, if wandering peckers Rudy and Newt make the ticket, the Republican platform in 2008 would espouse open marriage and free love. And just maybe, at long last, at that convention, Anne Coulter finally would show us that studded collar.

#11     Mar 27, 2007
  2. Jeez AAA, as a lowly Congressional candidate I ignored Chicago's gun laws. If I were a U.S. Senator I'd have an uzi toting posse ridin' with me.

#12     Mar 28, 2007
  3. Would that be Target or Home Defense?

:D

#13     Mar 28, 2007
  4. If this were a republican Senator, the media would be in a lather demanding a special prosecutor, etc. There would be self-righteous editorials in the NYT and Washington Post. Katie Couric would devote her entire show to victims of "gun violence." Bush and the republican leadership would be beseiged by the media demanding that they denounce the gun nut and endorse a total gun ban. Sarah Brady would be in hysterics.

Since it's a Democrat, it's a buried, one day story.

#14     Mar 28, 2007
  5. Chood

Chood

Evidently, no one thinks very much of the above. I must be the only person who agrees with AAA that the parties oughta "walk the walk."

#15     Apr 3, 2007
  6. As a former Republican, I say they all suck. But AAA is correct; if it was a Republican, they would have tacked his scrotum to the wall by now.

I'll tell you how bad it is. Around 20 months ago I was having a conversation with a high level regulator for a very large State. He was the one who came up with "....I used to be Republican." The Corruption is so rampant, honest people at high levels, both of them, are shaking their collective heads in disgust at the goings on. The bribery, payoffs, favors are insane. And we are all at their mercies. They is no way out that I can see.

I am now represented in Congress by the former CFO of VFinance. Can you believe it??????

#16     Apr 3, 2007
  7. The people who disagree have no argument to refute it, and the people who agree don't need to add anything to it.

#17     Apr 3, 2007
  8. fhl

fhl

Yeah, what a difference a couple of weeks make, eh?

#18     Apr 19, 2007

9. You ran for Congress in Chicago? When?

#19     Apr 19, 2007
  10. Should come in handy for self-defense when some nut goes postal with a gun on Capitol Hill.

#20     Apr 19, 2007