Senator suggests AIG execs should kill themselves

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Banjo, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Lets go a step further and suggest to all the politicians pushing massive spending to as well.

#51     Mar 17, 2009
  2. I'm not sure if the situation you're talking about is related but I do know Trump does not have to pay investors/creditors related to a large building project in Mexico that went tits up.

#52     Mar 17, 2009
  3. Place the blame appropriately? If power is for sale, it will be bough by someone. If you don't buy it for your shareholders, then you have failed in your duty as a CEO.

The problem is that so much power is concentrated in the hands of a few in the first place. This is what the founding fathers were hoping to avoid.

AIG is not "beyond bankrupt". That's the problem. It should have been allowed to quietly go bankrupt. Instead, it acquired a new shareholder who funneled more funds into the company. If it had been allowed to go bankrupt, a bankruptcy court judge would have thrown the contractual bonus obligations on a heap with the other obligations to creditors. That's not what happened and that's the problem.

But you're right about the money funneling. AIG is just a giant money laundering machine for government.

#53     Mar 17, 2009
  4. No. It's the idiot Obama in office.

#54     Mar 17, 2009
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

#55     Mar 17, 2009
  6. This.

#56     Mar 17, 2009
  7. its b/c they are telling everybody if we dont they will go out of business, then they go if you dont let us do what we want you will lose all of your bailout money. Its time to just let them go bk. LOL it would be better if they jump out the window

#57     Mar 17, 2009
  8. Gee, I can only wish AIG shuts down and whatever assets they have left are liquidated and paid to the government.

But it won't happen, because AIG & their staff are such vital components of this economy & this nation. No wait, it's because they part of one of the biggest & most lucrative rackets in human history.

#58     Mar 17, 2009
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

Yeah, I'd like to see the senators do it first. They could lead by example, the humble public servants that they are...

#59     Mar 17, 2009
  10. the $750 Billion that the DEMOCRATS in Congress passed and OBAMA demanded and signed into law contained a specific amendment authorizing the payment of contractual bonuses contracted after February of 2008.

Who attached this amendment to the stimulus package passed without any Republican support??....you got it Chris Dodd. You know Chris Dodd the senator from Connecticut where AIG Financial has its largest offices.

And who were the top two Senators to receive campaign contributions from AIG Financial. Yep its Chris Dodd and Barack Obama.

#60     Mar 17, 2009