Senator suggests AIG execs should kill themselves

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Banjo, Mar 17, 2009.

1. imbiber

imbiber Guest

Bill Maher had a great idea regarding the bankers on Real Time a week or so ago. A couple of them should be hung on the floor of the stock exchange with their balls stuffed in their mouth.

#11     Mar 17, 2009
  2. the problem is if you don't pay the bonuses, you have now opened up the can of worms of breaking contract law...and where do you stop?

http://www.slate.com/id/2213885/

#12     Mar 17, 2009
  3. Took the words right out of my mouth.

When can we expect the unaccountable congress critters to gas themselves for their failures? When will we hold them accountable?

#13     Mar 17, 2009
  4. Then they should be allowed to fail. Full stop.

When the government decides to nationalize an existing company, then you're going to have these problems. This whole broohaha is created by government.

#14     Mar 17, 2009
  5. gnome

gnome

Renegotiating bonus should have been a condition for receiving public funds...

If not for public money, they likely would not have received their [not deserved] bonus AND lost their job as the company goes bankrupt.

They simply used they system to enrich themselves at public expense... :mad:

#15     Mar 17, 2009
  6. lol. It would "bailout" the rest of the country if those scums suddenly disappeared. They should return the favor for bailing out their companies.

#16     Mar 17, 2009
  7. Apparently the AIG money was from the Fed Reserve and did not require Congressional approval. Not necessarily that the outcome would be any different, but Congress has a place to wag it's finger rather than just in the mirror this time.

So I suppose the Fed didn't think to renegotiate bonuses before it handed over the loot.

#17     Mar 17, 2009
  8. sumosam

sumosam

personally, i would fear for my life, and that of my family if i was one of the fuckers getting bonuses at this time.

#18     Mar 17, 2009
  9. All of the talk about the AIG bonuses is probably just distracting talk from Congress and the Administration.

The gov't practically owns AIG and I would be willing to bet that AIG's CEO probably checked with senior gov't leaders before paying out these bonuses. Given all of the public outrage and controversy that we have seen recently when other companies paid out bonuses, the CEO would have to be an idiot not to expect a similar outcry, therefore he must have been given the OK to do this.

Having the President saying that he will take all legal steps possible to get these payments back is just a smoke screen and he knows it.

#19     Mar 17, 2009
  10. Once again, I know this is a very tough & complicated concept, but please try to use the brain that god has gifted you with.

AIG is BEYOND BANKRUPT. There is no employment contract out there which actually requires the company to pay out under a force majeure situation. That's part of the reason why signing bonuses exist.

#20     Mar 17, 2009