Senator sorry for 'monkey' slur

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ktmexc20, Aug 16, 2006.

1. So would calling someone a "monkey" disqualify them for public office? I recall that howard Cosell landed in the Al Campanis hot soup years ago when he called a football player a monkey. Somehow he survived it.

But what is so outlandish about George Allen thinking he could be president? Is it more outlandish than George Bush thinking he could make it? Or John Kerry?

Allen was a highly popular governor and a highly popular senator. He has never had a hint of scandal about him, and has taken a consistent, principled approach to issues. He seems to be very likeable, gets along with hs colleagues well and clearly has a certain Reaganesque quality about him.

He played quarterback for the Univ. of Virginia, and his father was Hall of Fame coach George Allen. His brother is Bruce Allen, GM of some NFL team, forgot which one.

Any way you slice it, he is a serious contender who will have tons of appeal in republican primaries, unlike say John McCain or Rudy Guilianni, who will have to explain away their liberal positions on core issues.

#21     Aug 18, 2006
  2. Hi AAA,

The presidency? I don't think he'll survive this tidbit of indiscretion.
    Merely my opinion AAA... I watch a lot of political news and commentary (with an effort to be balanced from possible bias: cspan, fox, msnbc, cnn... ) I've seen Allen quite a few times, and I just don't get the warm feeling of thinking "Now here is a leader". Actually I get the strong feeling of him as a follower rather then a leader.
    No your right. They're total dumb asses too, imo.
    I respectfully doubt it.
    I just don't see it AAA. I don't think George Allen has or ever had real presidential potential.

Plus the thing that disturbs me the most about politics in general, is corporate / special interest influence over Washington. I get the feeling he welcomes it. I hope that voters weigh that (detrimental, imo) influence when they vote, regardless of who it is. We need to find our way back to the fundamental principal of "For the people by the people" !

kt

#22     Aug 18, 2006
  3. I was at the rally...the senator was right for singling out this guy...here's what we saw:

#23     Aug 18, 2006
  4. You certainly display your intelligence well TM.

#24     Aug 18, 2006

5. Yeah, Yeah, Meanwhile, if you could do this you wouldn't be trading right now would you!

#25     Aug 18, 2006
  6. Obviously a Clinton supporter.

#26     Aug 18, 2006
  7. :D :D :D :D

That is freaking hilarious!!

Thx, that made my day.

#27     Aug 18, 2006