Senator McCain did not put country first when he selected his running mate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Sep 6, 2008.

1. What makes Romney more "qualified" than Palin? I like Mitt but what makes him any more "experienced" than Palin? Because he served as Governor longer? Then by the same token why isn't the Dem ticket Biden/Obama?

Your question is like asking "did Obama put America first by running for President"?

#31     Sep 8, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

What facts? Most of your post was opinion. What did I make up?

#32     Sep 8, 2008
  3. I'll give the Republican propaganda machine one thing. When you guys are told to chew and swallow, you're all standing in line with your bowl and spoon, sputtering in unison "Sir, yes sir!"

"Jump, sir? How high, sir?"

"Palin, sir? Seriously, sir? Of course, sir! Palin, sir!"

"Sir, yes sir!"

:p

#33     Sep 8, 2008
  4. I don't take political instruction from anyone.

Palin would've been my choice. 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Thankfully McCain knew that us right wing, working types (my trading style on the floor was blue collar) don't respond to establishment type Republicans. Palin being HATED and FEARED by the left is music to my ears. Apparently the rest of middle America is singing the same tune.

#34     Sep 8, 2008
  5. Yannis

Yannis

IMAO: Top Ten Reasons Liberals Hate Palin

"Every sensible person loves Palin, so why the visceral, misogynistic response from the left? I think I've stumbled upon ten reasons that happen to be in ranked, numbered order.

TOP TEN REASONS LIBERALS HATE PALIN

10. She's the quintessential American, and the one thing liberals hate most about America are Americans.

9. She's sworn that as soon as she gets to Washington, she's going to cut off the Democrats' balls and put them on eBay.

8. She's an anti-choice extremist who has had five babies and never thought of killing any of them.

7. They're physically intimidated by her husband.

6. They're physically intimidated by her.

5. They just know that whenever they're not looking at her, she's pointing and laughing at their penises.

4. She's murdered innocent moose and no one seems to care.

3. Hard working, blue-collar people are supposed to be anecdotes; they're not supposed to run for office.

2. Liberals are much more conscious of how shrill and annoying they are when they're around someone that knows how to use a gun.

And the number one reason liberals hate Palin...

It just seems unfair that someone can have the charisma of Obama with actual accomplishments to back it up."

:) :) :)

#35     Sep 8, 2008
  6. While the premise of this thread is obviously absurd, it does point up a real dilemma. Intellectuals, particularly liberal/left intellectuals, really just do not like the democratic process. Their whole belief system is based on their assumption that the "ordinary" citizens are far too stupid, irresponsible, prejudiced, backward and selfish to make their own decisions. They need the wise oversight of benevolent liberals, or they risk disaster. They will be led astray by talk show hosts, evil corporations, televangelists or their own innate racism/sexism/homophobia/nativism.

This election is a perfect example. On the enlightened side, we have Obama, an african american. The man has a degree from Harvard Law School and was the first, and as far as I know , only black Editor in Chief of the once prestigious Law Review. He turned his back on a cushy legal career to be a community organizer, which is a fancy name for trying to get irresponsible black people to do the right thing and extort money from the government. Could there be a more perfect candidate? Did I mention he is a man of color?

The republican McCain is an almost comically unPC alternative. An old white guy whose chief claim to fame was committing war crimes against the progressive forces of Uncle Ho, he is also wealthy. Then, in a gesture of pure evil defiance of all that is good, he selected as VP a woman whose very existence mocked the values of progressives everywhere. Of course, the insult was too great for them to ignore and they went ballistic.

#36     Sep 8, 2008
  7. Yannis

Yannis

Some valid points here, well framed in light political sarcasm (maybe not so very light...)

What I see is two great, but, regular Americans running for office (McCain and Palin) on one side, and a pack of evil media moguls trying to stuff THEIR pick (another regular American) down our throats... ... because (THEY feel guilty and say we NEED him, but) they know they can control him later.

It's that simple. No contest. Imo. :)

#37     Sep 8, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

What's even more absurd, is WHO started it. A Canadian whose opinion on the subject is completely and utterly irrelevant. It doesn't even count for the lousy single vote the rest of us have.

#38     Sep 8, 2008
  9. Yannis

Yannis

Good point. But, we love our neighbors, right? LOL :)

#39     Sep 8, 2008
  10. Yep...lets put AMERICA FIRST...screw the rest of the world....who cares about them...ooops forgot about the "global" economy:( oh and that its in "our" best interests to put our collective nose into everyone else business:eek:

#40     Sep 8, 2008