Senator McCain did not put country first when he selected his running mate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Sep 6, 2008.

1. In case you haven't noticed . . .

With the Republican Party these days, it's ALL about kissing up to the evangelicals and the conservative right-wing.

Thus, people like Mit Romney, Rudy Giuliani, Joe Liebermann, Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Tom Ridge, Carly Fiorina, etc. never had a chance.

#11     Sep 6, 2008
  2. As usual, haplessboy, when you have nothing to say, you revert to something entirely irrelevant. Very inspired.

#12     Sep 6, 2008
  3. And how can't the same be said about conservatives being shut out? Who do you think supported primary candidates Huckabee, Thompson and Paul? McCain was a consensus pick. No two ways about it. And he did the right thing (no pun intended) by placing an anti-big government, social conservative woman on the ticket with him.

Many Republicans aren't interested in the same bullshit. We want a cultural and fiscal revolution.

The Democrats are all about polls and crafting image to reflect sentiment. Sarah Palin is a LEADER of trends. The media just isn't perceptive enough to "get it".

The appeal of Palin isn't her belief set, It's rather her ability to alter prevailing beliefs. She can SELL policy.

I'll bet you this. Palin will get 1 out of 10 or 1 out of twenty pro-choice women to change their mind about abortion. Instead of being some whiny cunt like Hillary who preaches a doctrine of begging white men to give you their taxes, Palin EMPOWERS women. The dem's want women to be just like the other ethnic minorities they keep on the plantation.

#13     Sep 6, 2008
  4. Bullshit.

If Obama was all about polls, then he would have chosen Clinton to be his running mate. Like it or not, that ticket would have been a force of nature in the polls. But for whatever reason, he evidently felt the dynamic was not right. Biden is a legitimate selection, and you know it. On the other hand, McCain chose Palin over better qualified candidates as a last ditch grab at the polls. And now if they keep repeating what a good choice it was with enough forced conviction, the flock will come in as it always does on the Republican side, ready for shearing.

#14     Sep 6, 2008
  5. If Obama felt Clinton was a winning choice-guess what? She'd be on the ticket. Use your pea sized brain. She received 18mil votes in Dem primaries. 17million of those HC supporters will vote for Obama anyways. The other 100 million voters in America who Obama needs to win over hate Hillary's guts. Obama knows he has enough challenges in attracting swing voters without having TWO people on the ticket who're lighting rods of criticism. Obama's problem isn't with women. He's killing McCain with babes. His problem is trying to get MEN to vote for him. Even in California and New York Obama trails McCain among guys. If you have NOTHING of value to add will you please shut up. Replying to your stupidity is a waste of my time.

#15     Sep 6, 2008
  6. Oh, look. Another rare pabst smear.

I'm telling you, it's downright surprising that you didn't win in your run for public office, being the charmer that you are.

P.S. Are you a trend trader? http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/09/todays-polls-96.html

#16     Sep 6, 2008
  7. Putting "country first" would have McCain choosing Ron Paul. Yeah, they dont agree on much. So choosing a pitbull with lipstick was his next best choice.

Sarah is his only shot at winning. Pretty smart decision when your up against rock star Obama.

I pray for the day when we can choose between 4 or 5 candidates in November and see them all debate on national tv for the six weeks prior. That is when America will become a democracy. Also, the second place finisher becomes the vice president like the Constitution recommends.

We can all dream

#17     Sep 7, 2008
  8. Would Mike Huckabee not have appeased the evangelicals and the conservative Right Wing? And if so, is he not better qualified than Palin? I don't know. I'm just asking.

#18     Sep 7, 2008
  9. What, no answer? Anyone?

#19     Sep 8, 2008
  10. #20     Sep 8, 2008