Senator Jim Bunning blocking benefit extension!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Mar 1, 2010.

1. savage

savage

I am sorry but if your story is true, you are a shining example of the possibilities of wealth in America. It sucks to pay that much tax but it doesn't suck to net $23k after taxes. Continued good trading to you.

#41     Mar 2, 2010
  2. sure it's spelled capitalism....so, i Missed typed, so fuck off potoo...and go back to the Academic world....and teach those bright young minds how to spell!

Dr. You'r close, started paying taxes in 99. didn't hit the top tax bracket but close.

#42     Mar 2, 2010
  3. savage, thanks..but I do not trade. I am in the Private Equity World and Raise money for Energy Projects. I take down 10% of what I raise per project, no base....

So, it is a nice place for me to be right now...but it isn't an easy job and sure in the hell isn't easy raising 2.5 million in a month to fund a project in the middle of a Depression.

2.5 mill between 8 guys in the office.

#43     Mar 2, 2010
  4. piezoe

piezoe

According to Republicans, raising an additional 10 billion in revenue is a trivial problem. All that needs to be done is to cut taxes, the more they are cut, the more businesses will be stimulated to hire and expand; thus raising ever more tax revenues and the needed 10 billion will arrive in Washington forthwith. In fact, by merely cutting taxes to zero on just the wealthiest 5% of Americans, government revenues will approach infinity, and therefore there won't be any need to cut taxes on the remaining 95% of Americans. :D

#44     Mar 2, 2010
  5. Funny that's not what the people who knew you at shonney say.

#45     Mar 2, 2010
  6. Well, he caved. Let's see how much more spending is classified as emergency now.

#46     Mar 2, 2010
  7. nickdes

nickdes

I have no problems with this, I think the DUMocrats need to learn to pay for programs first. NOT BORROW FROM MY GRAND KIDS!!!!!!!!

#47     Mar 2, 2010
  8. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_9XtWoIXmU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_9XtWoIXmU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This guy is so awesome. The only voice of reason in Congress.

#48     Mar 2, 2010