Senator Jim Bunning blocking benefit extension!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Stosh

Stosh

You don't win over 100 games with over 1000 strikeouts without having some spine. Too bad spines are so scarce in DC. Stosh

#11     Mar 2, 2010
  2. Yeah he's a real political superstar with a 28% approval and 60% disapproval rate in his home state of Kentucky.

Spines are so valuable within the Republican Senate that his own leadership kicked him out of it.

#12     Mar 2, 2010
  3. I agree with Bunning he's just doing the right thing.

#13     Mar 2, 2010
  4. RobtF

RobtF

Right thing? Would it not have been equally right to block spending under Bush? Why not then?

#14     Mar 2, 2010
  5. New context, financial crisis has changed perception. Spending is less tolerated now than it was pre crisis?

#15     Mar 2, 2010
  6. offshoring is killing the US.
    ban offshoring
    get universal healthcare, no more bankruptcy

US has worst benefits of western world, but still 100%+ GDP debt. Western countries have less if u dont count the PIGS. even though western countries spend more on social benefits

HOW COME
    US ARMY

stop the military industrial ocmplex of USA

western countries spend money not on military, but on benefits

#16     Mar 2, 2010
  7. I wonder if you will still agree when you lose your job.

#17     Mar 2, 2010
  8. LOTS more Americans are going to lose their jobs... as we do a "downside adjustment" to our stnadard of living. Of course nobody likes it, but it's inevitable.

Few understand why we had the great financial boom we did... and now it's been lost due to foreign competition... which we can do nothing about.... short of starting a war with the Chinese.

#18     Mar 2, 2010
  9. I am discussed by everybody's comments here.

You are victims of politics. You sold your intellect for 10 billion against trillions expend everywhere.

I would love to see these same comments if you were to lose your job.

How about the two wars, the bailouts, the waste everywhere.

10 billion are pennies compared to everything else the government does.

You are all hypocrites.

#19     Mar 2, 2010
  10. I waited to put you on ignore for too long. Now, that is rectified. You should change your user ID to FAILED_THINK3R

#20     Mar 2, 2010