Senate rejects $250 checks for elderly/disabled

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I think what makes me even more mad about this, is that the government made up a number that there was no inflation, then didnt give people who get Social security a raise because according to "official" numbers there was no inflation last year. (Dont know how that is possible since gas prices went from $1.50 in January 2009 to almost $3 by december 2009) and then they dont want to give them that little $250 check because its too much money, yet the unemployed are getting as much as $44k per year in some states to not work when there are jobs(just not jobs that pay as much as unemployment)

We, as a nation, should help those who cant help themselves first. Before we pay for prisons, roads, NASA (yeah about 1% of the budget goes to NASA if you didnt know that!) we should be helping the helpless. If we are not going to help the weakest of us, what does that say about us?

#11     Mar 4, 2010
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

That Pelosi is a genius for wanting a second round of stimulus checks?

#12     Mar 4, 2010
  3. Buzzed

Buzzed

Umm. All the elderly people are stealing from the working people already.

#13     Mar 4, 2010
  4. I agree with you 100%

#14     Mar 4, 2010
  5. NASA is 20 billion out of 3.5 trillion. I think you need to re check your math. That comes out to 0.57% for the mathematically challenged. Not to mention the NASA workforce is for the most part very highly educated, extremely intelligent, and if you could get rid of the politics they would be very productive and innovative. But as usual politics (federal, state, and within NASA itself) mucks up everything.

I agree that we should help those that cannot help themselves, problem is we are in the habit of helping those that CAN help themselves just to buy a vote. If you can get us out of that quagmire there would be more than enough for the helpless.

#15     Mar 4, 2010
  6. 1% under a normal budget year, not a crazy obama spending year. But you are right...this year its 0.57%, but usually its about 1%.

What we need is some honest, caring people leading us. Unfortunately those types of people are usually the deeply religious ones that are hard core bible believers and most people are desperately scared of that. They would like to believe that men can be honest and not a hard core bible believer at the same time, but I think we have yet to find a man like that to lead us. Atheists and people that dont believe the bible are always corrupt in politics because they believe this life is all there is, so they better feather their bed as best they can because once its over, its over.

Look at what liberals do to Sarah Palin and the way they attack her all the time. They would rather have an intelligent charismatic lying corrupt politician than a dumb, empathetic, caring politician. We need someone in office that loves people more than they love money.

#16     Mar 4, 2010
  7. HEAR,HEAR!!!

Fellas, it is going to have to get ugly to straighten this mess out. Go to the store during food stamp time and check out the slobs. Once productive folks ruined from sucking on the government tit and turned into dependent 300 plus pounders riding in electric carts while in their 40's. They eat, shit, sleep all day,
    and have the nerve to breed. Then the fat f#cks repeat the process the next day. Same thing is happening with the unemployed, they are becoming dependent.

A great upheavel including a complete collapse of the financial Markets and World War 3 is imminent. Watch for a Super- Hitler who will be a wolf in sheeps clothing to come on the scene....Mark my words this will happen soon. This isn't something old Rennick is making up. It has been foretold by the Hebrew prophets of the Bible, and they have never been wrong.

Rennick out
    :cool:

#17     Mar 5, 2010
  8. spinn

spinn

aren't these elderly people the ones who bankrupted us? It certainly wasnt me.

#18     Mar 5, 2010
  9. bit

bit

Could you please site some examples of when Sarah Palin was empathetic or caring? No need to site any examples of her being dumb.

btw - Completely agree with you about assisting the elderly.

#19     Mar 5, 2010
  10. not my problem

#20     Mar 5, 2010