Senate passes $612 bln defense spending bill

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by staffpro, Sep 18, 2008.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080918/pl_nm/usa_defense_senate_dc

612billion/300 million americans = EACH AMERICAN PAYING $2040 for the defense of their country LOLOLOLOL

to put this in perspective

Canada = 18.2 billion defense/ 32 million ppl= $581/person

Great Britain=35.5 billion/59 million = $601/per citizen

France=29.5 billion/60 million= $491/person

Germany=24.9 billion/84 million= $296/person

Russia=40 billion/141 million=$283/person

W T F IS WRONG WITH THE US??? holy smokes that is alot of money being wasted, could be used to bailout ALL the banks at once and be over with this mess.

2. gnome

gnome

Being "policeman to the world" is expensive.

It was expensive for the Romans, too. Contributed greatly to the fall of the empire.

3. oriol88

oriol88

Paying again the bill of the free riders.

4. i think if you were to add all other countries defense budgets you would still come short of the US one i'm sorry but that's absolutely ridiculous, and it doesn't change much under either candidate for presidency, disgusting.

5. empee

empee

well, we gotta have a strong military to bully other countries to do what we want to do (buy our debt, etc). I think we're kinda stuck with that now.

6. DT-waw

DT-waw

excellent point. that's why russia and china are next to conquer (after iran). i'd be very affraid of the country sinking in debts AND with a strong military...

7. gucci

gucci

Wasted money indeed. It could be invested in the development of new sources of energy in order to escape dependance on oil, medicare and social programs. Politicians become increasingly reckless in their pursuit of riches...

8. Traber

Traber

Bush at the head. Make sure he does more damage before he leaves office. How can the possibly pass this with the economy as it is now is beyond me.

9. purple

purple

10. This is exactly the herd mentality that has us in this situation to begin with.

#10     Sep 18, 2008