Senate GOP proposals would force Obama into health law exchanges

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wjk, Mar 21, 2013.

1. wjk

wjk

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatc...ls-would-force-obama-into-obamacare-exchanges

"Republican amendments to the Senate's budget proposal would require President Obama and Vice President Biden to get their medical care through the new exchanges created by Obama's signature healthcare law.

Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) both offered amendments to move the president and vice president into the healthcare law's exchanges.

...Collins and Ayotte's amendments would require the president, the vice president and the Cabinet to put their premiums where their politics are."

Great idea. Live be the laws they force us to. Didn't think Collins had it in her.[​IMG]

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

It won't pass but at least they tried.
    While they're at it shouldn't congress also participate in the Obamacare debacle?

3. wjk

wjk

I think the article I linked mention that they do.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Admittedly I didn't read the whole thing. For whatever reason I was thinking congress had their own separate health care.

5. pspr

pspr

Obama said he was going to sign up for it. But I think it will just be symbolic. He will still use the medical facilities provided the POTUS and VPOTUS and their families.

What they should do is convene a death panel and decide if Obama is worth keeping alive. :D

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Now THAT is a panel I'd volunteer to serve on. :D

7. In other news: "Obama overthrown by his internal organs"

8. pspr

pspr

Did you ever hear of that ailment called something like "alien hand"? Supposedly one of your arms and the hand on it does all sorts of strange things all on its own and you have no conscious control over it. I think it happens in people who's brains have a communications problem between hemispheres.

Anyway, it would be hilarious if Obama came down with such an ailment.

Never mind. It was a crazy thought.