Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) is a no.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Oct 5, 2018.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

The U.S. Senate voted in favor of ending debate on Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court, 51 to 49.

Of the reportedly undecided senators:

• Sens. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Susan Collins (R-ME) voted yes.
    • Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) voted no.
    Murkowski is almost certainly a no on the final vote. Collins said she would announce her final vote in a speech later this afternoon.

The final vote can take place as soon as Saturday afternoon.

2. Frederick Foresight likes this.
  3. exGOPer

exGOPer

Slartibartfast likes this.
  4. It is nice to see her take an actual conservative approach and err on the side of caution as someone said.

A lot of the new Trumper republicans seemingly yearn to go back to the days when romance & marriage involved kidnapping and raping a girl so she had to marry.
    My sister in law is Czech and the wedding day morning involved an actual ceremonial kidnapping of the bride, same in Poland. Perhaps the AAAs etc. are from there..

Collins..well she is older money Irish like Kavanaugh and I hope that does not cause a bias to just say fuck it, see what happens but I hope not.

exGOPer likes this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Could just be a play for votes if they knew Manchin was going to pull a Benedict Arnold

6. exGOPer

exGOPer

No way Manchin is the deciding vote, he votes the way Collins does.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  7. "Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) is a no."

Reportedly, that means yes to Kavanaugh.

8. I guess that is the political move.

9. wildchild

wildchild

[​IMG]

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  10. ?

#10     Oct 5, 2018