Sen. Feinstein suggests national buyback of guns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Dec 28, 2012.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said that she and other gun control advocates are considering a law that would create a program to purchase weapons from gun owners, a proposal that could be compulsory.

“We are also looking at a buy-back program,” Feinstein said today in a press conference. “Now, again, this is a work in progress so these are ideas in the development.”

Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., already discussed the possibility of a buy-back law for his state, but he made clear it would be a forced buyback.
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/sen.-...-buyback-of-guns/article/2516648#.UN1iV6yesY6

Her 2013 proposed gun-control legislation requires that "grandfathered weapons" (~900 guns) be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

- Background check of owner and any transferee;
    - Type and serial number of the firearm;
    - Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    - Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    - Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration (national gun database).

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

Every American will need permission from Federal, State and Local Government to purchase a gun. This effectively turns the 2nd Amendment into a privilege, not a right. Or, they might go for a forced-confiscation ("buy-back"), Aussie-style.

2. She understands that without first getting people to register them, her eventual confiscation scheme would not work. There are currently millions of semi-auto rifles out in the country and they are not registered. So she realizes that announcing a mandatory buy-back would produce poor results at this point, but make no mistake that anyone foolish enough to register those weapons, would eventually be forced to sell them to the govt.

Despite what the Supreme court has ruled, Diane Feinstein and her gun confiscation allies, do not acknowledge the 2nd amendment as conferring an individual right.

3. Our late NRA President Charlton Heston had the appropriate reaction to Sen. Feinstein: ..."from my cold, dead fingers..."

And make no mistake, she and her crowd would be happy to arrange that.

If you value the right to own any gun, your message to your representatives and senators should be "Not One Inch. Not One Freakin Inch."

I don't care what their lifetime NRA score is or how much they claim to value shooting sports, this is gut check time. Backstab us now and get ready for a primary challenge. A very well-funded primary challenge.

4. achilles28

achilles28

5. BSAM

BSAM

I do.
    That's why I believe I should be allowed a shoulder fired missile launcher.
    Don't you?

6. It's terrible that my 2nd amendment rights not being allowed. I'm not allowed to have a machine gun mounted on my Jeep. It's like I don't even have any rights at all. How am supposed to shoot anything with my stupid lever action rifle with only five in the magazine?

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

You are if you have the right FFL
    Oh that's easy. Place the butt of the stock on the floor in front of you. Lean over, hold the muzzle under your chin. And with your toe push down on the trigger.

Let us know how it works out, will ya?

8. BSAM

BSAM

...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Too late donkey man, it's already been infringed.

No less than 22,000 times.

10. Better yet ,make a video.

:cool:
    A picture is worth a thousand words ya know.

#10     Dec 28, 2012