Sen. Bunning right on about Bubble Ben Bernanke!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Better Q and A

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BwBprKRlDEw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BwBprKRlDEw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Fed has a 'range' of ways to reduce unemployment ?? Where did this come from?

The dollar is stable? Dollar index looks like a rollar coaster over the past year.

#11     Dec 3, 2009
  2. S2007S

S2007S

And you think all this excess liquidity is the way out of the this crisis that was caused by the same exact policies greenspan threw at the economy in 2001. You haven't a clue as what to expect or do you not even understand that propping the economy up the way bubble ben bernanke is doing right now is just the total wrong way about doing it. Everyone believes that since the global markets continue to rise that everything is peaches and cream, well I feel sorry for those people, easy free monopoly money, tons of excess liquidity and a worthless dollar is what you can thank for this so called turnaround. I guess we could use another bubble to help us out of this recession just like the last few we had because its seems the only growth we have in our economy is through bubbles, sad, sad, sad......Lets get this bubble growing again so it can pop, sending another crisis through the system, no need to worry when the fed can continue to keep its easy monetary rules in place....

:p :p :p :p :p :p

#12     Dec 4, 2009
  3. Damn Straight.

#13     Dec 4, 2009
  4. I agree, S2007S and "Sen Bunning is right on!!!!"

ALLOW me to ask the question AGAIN

Since neither of us WOULD be voting on Bubblehead's replacement Nomination, who do you suppose the Manchild Gone Wild with our Credit Cards would appoint? Maybe a FED CZAR like Larry Summers? How about Scarry Reid? Barnaby Fife (I mean Frank) could be a choice, he could fix everything retroactively.

In all seriousness though, Who Do You Imagine The Manchild Might Nominate That You Think You Would Be Happier With?

#14     Dec 7, 2009

5. Cheap political points you say? He isn't running for reelection.

#15     Dec 7, 2009
  6. IMHO, a politician's career is one constant battle for re-election...

#16     Dec 7, 2009
  7. You probably think we should be on the gold standard too?

Definitely not a perma-bull - made most of my profits last year from shorting google early. I believe that bad companies should fail: that's the price that's paid for poor business decisions. IMO, Greenspan caused most of these issues by working with the administration to turn every house into an ATM. Home-ownership is a privilege, not a right.

The fact that you believe that the Fed gives 2 shits about the Dow is amusing. In your brief, but succinct, tirade you failed to mention what the Fed's goal is; no, it's not their "target" rate, or price stability - this is what they tell those committees on capital hill so they don't choke on the complexities of the financial system. The Fed's SINGULAR goal is to positively manage GDP.

As for your mention of bond holders just look at the recent market volatility in the past 18 months. The fed bailed out the creditors more than it did the shareholders. The face the markets rebounded like they did was a) obvious because of the magnitude and velocity of the move and b) a side effect of ensuring the bond holders, at some points the US treasury, weren't screwed over.(totally, anyway)

In the end this is all funny money - that's the beauty of fiat currency. The real concern is the trade imbalance and GDP derivative.

#17     Dec 7, 2009
  8. The liquidity is moot - the Fed can sop it up in a lot of different ways.

#18     Dec 7, 2009