Semis

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chasinfla, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Can someone help me get a handle on the semi sector?

I'm looking for an overview, including what broad categories of semis are there, (analog, telecom, equipment, related..etc. etc.), what listed and otc symbols are in each category, and any ideas about what each group is most sensitive to.

If you have the same knowledge of the fiber sector that would be great to know about, too.

Thank you in advance.

chasinfadin

2. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook. thanks!:p

3. If you want to learn about semi's indepth read microsom by George Gilder, for Fiberoptics read Telecosm by George Gilder.

He has a broad understanding on both sectors and both books will help you learn more about the sectors.

If you want to learn which stocks are IC's, which are PLD's, which do the testing and which do the lithography, etc.

Here is what I recommend.

Go here.

http://www.marketguide.com/home.asp

once you belong to multex....you put in a ticker for say "BRCM"

It will put up these below which are all free. However sometime you have to register at each brokerage firm...still they are free. The better ones....cost bucks....but plenty of stuff for traders like us that don't give a damn about the recommendations but just want to learn the sector.

You read them...you learn. Kappish?

Free & Sponsored Reports

7/9/2002 ELEC-SEMICONDUCTOR:Semiconductors: 2Q 2002 Earnings Preview (Part 2
    Merrill Lynch Private Client - 7 pages

7/9/2002 ELEC-SEMICONDUCTOR:Semiconductors: 2Q 2002 Earnings Preview (Part 1
    Merrill Lynch Private Client - 7 pages

6/18/2002 Broadcom - Company Update - Rating Change
    Morgan Stanley Research - 3 pages

6/11/2002 U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Intraday Comments (AM Early) - 6/11/02
    U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray - 3 pages

6/11/2002 Comm IC Signals: The More Things Change, The More They Remain The Same
    U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray - 5 pages

:)

4. grazie.