Semiconductor ETF Question

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by vanzandt, Sep 30, 2016.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

MU is up like 90% since May.
    SMH almost 40%... and it holds large-cap stocks! Not unknown one hit wonders.
    Yeah.... these things are overdue for a breather.

#11     Oct 3, 2016
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

MU...

Notice they didn't guide higher. That's all that matters.

SMH is going down... even more than they did today.

Ka-ching.

#12     Oct 4, 2016
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

$67.70 now. Back from $69's.
    More room to fall.

#13     Oct 12, 2016
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

$67.17

#14     Oct 13, 2016
  5. I've registered on this website and the owner is a real schmuck. Even though you pay him for the service, he won't answer your emails, the site is always crashing, and he will not allow you to download the data unless you pay him $70/mo. Worst site ever.

#15     May 28, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. %% That sounds about right;
    over 2 days to cover on INTC+ over 3 days to cover on TSLA.LOL.[Maybe much more than that on TSLA, since the SEC caught ceo/lies + fined him $40,000,000]

I don't keep up with SMH like I do QQQ;
    but i like to study barchart.com opinion; short term,both are 80% sell. NOT a prediction; I tend to work 5 or 6 days a week.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:,:cool:

#16     Jun 2, 2019
  7. [QUOTE="vanzandt, post: 4337652, member: 493912"

What am I missing here? I think these indexes are due for a pullback, but I don't want to buy puts into something I don't understand.[/QUOTE]

%% Another way to look @ SMH; look@ top 70% of the cash stocks, in SMH.
    Anything @ all anyone would buy??

Well AMD is about the only one in a good % uptrend.Looks like SMH is headed down again,200dma .....NOT a prediction . {Edit. About the only bullish thing i see,+ i like a good 4th tech quarter uptrend , 1st quarter tech uptrend; the bulls may make make a few upticks, in mostly downTrending bear sector ??]:D:D,:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    #17     Jun 3, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  8. %%
    AMD is about the only one doing much upside
    %%
    IF the market was not so weak,QQQ weak, semi sector weak,summer rally weak, single stock risk, + sloppy wide AMD up trend i may want to buy tech/AMD sector this fall LOL.

NOT a prediction+ last OCT buy QQQ related took much longer to profit than i thought-thats life some times.I did slap a stamp on a gun give away, 2019,- not a lotto .It was a gift; the envelope was prepaid.They sent me another one , havent stamped it yet LOL:D:D

#18     Jun 4, 2019