Semi Short Interest Soaring....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Mar 29, 2007.

1. March 28, 2007, 9:28 am
    Semi Short Interest At Record High; It’s Future Rally Fuel Short interest in semiconductor stocks in March jumped 9.5% from February, Merrill Lynch chip analyst Joe Osha noted in a research brief this morning. The total short interest in the sector has now tops the previous record, set in July 2003.

Osha notes that the previous peak came exactly at a bottom in industry unit growth. Osha thinks this time unit growth should bottom in March or April. “We may be wrong by a month or two, but not more than that,” he writes. “By the time company managements start admitting that business improving, unwinding the all-time high short position in our coverage universe is likely to drive a substantial move up in the SOX.”

Biggest chip sector sequential short-interest increases:

Xilinx (XLNX) +108%
    Intersil (ISIL) +56%
    Monolithic Power (MPWR) +38%
    Altera (ALTR) +36%

2. S2007S

S2007S

just bought some SMH about 4 mins ago at $33.80...:p

think I may have to sell.....

3. You got served, S2000

sellers are back in force after that miserable close yesterday

4. S2007S

S2007S

I got served???

arent you the biggest bull out of the entire elite forum.

How many times did I tell you that my portfolio is set up for a bear market and that when I take long trades they are swing trades for a few days to 2 weeks at max. Even with that trade turned sour my portfolio is still bright greeeeeen.

5. S2007S

S2007S

I got served. HA.

look at where its trading now and tell me.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

6. S2007S

S2007S

thats right, i figured it out for you...

10% higher.

7. See what happens when semi short interest soared... those freakin' idiots... Big b/o today for the sector. I'm not as involved as I should be. Will probably have to have a sit down with the hedge fund about positioning. Internals very bad in other sectors. Pair trades look like a good bet here.

Long Nazdog shrt DOW? or Long semi's shrt Retail, something like that...... ~ stoney