Selloff of the Yen? Intervention? Any news

Discussion in 'Forex' started by tradingjournals, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Out 85.76.

#11     Aug 29, 2010
  2. Great trade!

Did you see that it moved real fast (particularly EUR/JPY which fell like a rock)? Did the Japanese say something that is not right?

USD/JPY is now back at 85.40. I like it at 84.80, and even at 85.31 I would take it, but since I am not sure it will go there, I think I would buy some at this price. 85.41. The upside may however take time to take place. That is life. I have to take risk and pay for wait time.

#12     Aug 30, 2010
  3. Ever seen USD/JPY moving real fast ? October 1998 was real fast. Now, it´s moving like a snail...

#13     Aug 30, 2010
  4. What a damp squib... Here we go back.

#14     Aug 30, 2010
  5. This will have been one of the most telegraphed interventions in recent history.

If the market is already expecting something, it generally won't have much lasting effect on the price. In fact this might actually send the Yen higher over the next few weeks as it has made weak longs sell out, others have scaled back, and some hot money I am sure got short in anticipation.

#15     Aug 30, 2010
  6. Pretty much ridiculous and surely a sign for the market for further JPY strength. Maybe BOJ´s old boys club needs an extra invitation to act. But hey, who cares ? Maybe prices at 65-70 USD/JPY will wake up BOJ...

#16     Aug 30, 2010