Selling T Bond and T Note Futures - Yield rise to come

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Nighthawk, Jun 21, 2019.

1. easymon1

easymon1

i can dig it, lol
    upload_2020-2-21_10-33-9.png

#11     Feb 21, 2020
    bone likes this.
  2. bone

bone

Ten Year Note Yield 1.256%

#12     Feb 27, 2020
  3. p0box4

p0box4

#13     Feb 27, 2020
  4. bone

bone

Early this morning, the US Ten Year Note was trading below 1.2% for the first time.

#14     Feb 28, 2020
  5. bone

bone

US Ten Year Note Yield 0.978%

#15     Mar 3, 2020
  6. LacesOut

LacesOut

ok ok ok ok ok..
    That was the top..
    the tippy top top top...
    ZB is done! FOREVER!
    40 year trend over...

AMIRITE??!?!?!?!

Or 200 here we come?

#16     Mar 3, 2020
  7. tango29

tango29

I guess I hope he/she had a stop. And to reiterate a previous comment....OUCH! if not.

#17     Mar 3, 2020
  8. bone

bone

We now have the challenge of the severely inverted yield curve for the Fed to contend with. In essence - money market accounts pay out as much as ten year paper. Last week 1-month treasury yields are paying 22 basis points more than the 10-year yield.

#18     Mar 4, 2020
  9. trader who didn't get wink wink from the FED and trump. and wall street who need cheap money and cheap rates.
    I don't think even cheap and 0% interest rates can withstand a collapse in fundamentals and there is growth. or hype. companies are not growing and hitting brick wall in fact the size of these companies like google. amazon, netflix or any microsoft is getting to big for their own good. and bad for the economy as too much power and money is tied in a few companies.

not growth and no rising revenues, no reason to own stocks other than for money managers to collect managment fees for doing nothing like politicians.

well fundamentals always matter. oil and natural gas has bad fundamentls and oil company stocks and no amount of QE will pump that sector. QE and low interest rates was initially started to save the banks from bankruptcy in 2009 as they lost a lot of cash from losing money on bad investments. that became worthless. many of these stocks can become worthless these intangible assets.

but no the gov't and trump thinks the 'stock market' index is a sign of wealth and prosperity. people storing their wealth in intangible assets. t

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    #19     Mar 4, 2020
  10. The obvious trade of short the long end, has destroyed you

as has selling vol

as has owning stonks

#20     Mar 16, 2020