Selling systems I developed to hedge fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mchugh, Jun 26, 2005.

1. banana

banana

Plug in your own date and time..........

#61     Jun 29, 2005
  2. Quah

Quah

Wow! Good thing you only bought 3 @ 543876 because you took a -90% beating between there and the next buy!

Don't bother reengineering this system.

:D

#62     Jun 29, 2005
  3. banana

banana

Maybe I'm trading yields :D

#63     Jun 29, 2005
  4. nitro

nitro

That makes no sense. If you were giving this system to a hedge fund, they would have the instrument, the day, and the TOD of trade.

Anyway, keep your fantasy and don't bother replying because you don't have any idea what trading is, let alone a system.

Is summer school out already?

nitro

#64     Jun 29, 2005
  5. banana

banana

Makes as much sense as reverse engineering seemingly random trades. You will always find some indicator but whether or not it is relevant is another matter.

#65     Jun 29, 2005
  6. But wouldn't it be ironic, if it mimicked your system...

#66     Jun 29, 2005
  7. ozzy

ozzy

Exactly what i was thinking. :)

#67     Jun 29, 2005

8. 1/ Of course they do not wait for anybody to show up with a new system. I was just explaining how they evaluate new systems offered to them.

2/ No I am not saying that, read my post again . It is about evaluating system not developing it. Completely different approach.

#68     Jun 30, 2005
  9. toc

toc

"I'll trade the s.o.b.'s if I can't sell them."

McHugh, how much are you expecting to sell the systems to the hedge funds?

#69     Jun 30, 2005
  10. mchugh

mchugh

From the feedback in this thread, and from talking to a few of my floor connections, I'm not anymore.

I'm going to start a fund instead. I'll trade them myself for the the rest of the year and start lining up the right people to ally myself with, and hopefully by '06, I'm up and running.

By the way, you guys are awfully tough on each other. Part of the reason I left the floor was due to the bitterness down there. I saw it creeping into me as well. It looks like its not a floor problem, but an industry problem.

Life should be enjoyed, and alot of you guys don't sound too happy. Peace.

#70     Jun 30, 2005