Selling my system

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Port1385, Dec 22, 2008.

1. joemiami

joemiami Guest

Port is a FRAUD. If he had a bonafide profitable system for real, he would do the following:

He would test this so called system with a real trading account in order to show potential investors that it really works in live trading, NOT DEMO!! And have it verifed by an accounting firm for extra validation.

Hey PORT...you fucking "wannabee trader" LOSER. Dont you ever give up trying to scam people?

I mean everyone on here already laughs at you.... Love making yourself look like a dumbass, dont you?

#21     Jan 21, 2009
  2. Euler

Euler

ROFL..why is trolling so popular on ET? Other boards/forums (even YouTube) have trolls, but not in such a large proportion or ones willing to put in so much effort. Maybe trading itself, with its high failure rate, etc., produces more trolls than other lines of work? Scary prospect...maybe we all -- or at least those of us who might have gotten in -- should have gone to dental school instead :D

#22     Jan 21, 2009
  3. LOL!! :)

#23     Jan 21, 2009
  4. What is great about my method is that is uses markov chains and price history dating back to October10th to make very accurate intra-day predictions.

#24     Jan 22, 2009
  5. Hi, my name is Bernie Madoff and I have a trading strategy that yield 10% a month. Please forward a check to Madoff Investment LLC.

#25     Jan 22, 2009
  6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Here is what you do. This web site http://www.quantfinancejobs.com/ has hundreds of listings with the companies (hedge funds, private groups etc) that are seeking system developers to enhance their trading performance. if you really have something this is the place to sell yourself. Mind you that the only way to sell your system is by selling yourself with it. No self respected institution or a private trader will buy the black box without its developer.

Cheers,
    MAESTRO

#26     Jan 22, 2009
  7. :D

#27     Jan 22, 2009
  8. October 10th? You gotta be kidding. I proved my system with 2.5 years of tick-level data, then 6 months of forward (i.e. real-time) testing.

#28     Jan 22, 2009
  9. c4ytan

c4ytan

25% per month? Forget about borrowing capital. You should win the Nobel Prize in Economics or something.

I just wrote my own system as well and backtested it with 10 years of data and I'm getting about 40% return per year with about 3 years of negative returns in there. This is not a daytrading system and is supposed to make only about 20-60 trades per year which suits me just fine as I hold down a fulltime job and can't really daytrade.

Just started trading my system this year with real money so we'll see how it goes. :D So far I've made 4 trades.... 2 losses, 1 gain and 1 still open. My current position is I opened a short position on the market today.

#29     Jan 23, 2009
  10. J J aapl

J J aapl

if you prove it, they will come!!

#30     Jan 24, 2009