Selling my system

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Port1385, Dec 22, 2008.

1. cvds16

cvds16

it can be done, I know a trader on ET who does it, not there yet myself.

#11     Jan 15, 2009
  2. 20% is possible on smaller account . It is just 2 ES points per day on $10K size.

#12     Jan 15, 2009
  3. Isn't this how Bernie Madoff got started?

#13     Jan 15, 2009
  4. Loki

Loki

EXACTLY ! If you read one of his posts port says that in case he blows the account he will just ...move to another industry...you don't even want to team up and play Monopoly with this guy !

20% x month my ass

#14     Jan 15, 2009
  5. 20% a month, is that IT?

I have a buddy who scored 800% on his fresh new account in his first 3 months of trading...

do the math...
    800/90 days (roughly)= about 8.88% a day.

In futures and FX it is quite feasible to nail 100% + gains, so why would I want to make 20% peanuts?

Richard Dennis never started out saying he'd "only" make 20% a month...that guy took a few hundred and made something like 200 million or something from the 1970's-19XX (he also funded the turtles!)

#15     Jan 15, 2009
  6. Selling your strategy to the public is more complex than “raising capital”. You are starting a software business. I developed software in IT for 35 years before I retired including several commercial products. Part of that included shifting to owning a computer store in the 1980s where we sold software and software services. Some of the very basic things you should consider are:
    - Audited results from an independent source. This will provide some creditability to the average returns you mention. Few traders will believe 20% per month on a continuous basis even with audits. As part of this you would have to show detailed trade listings.
    - Specific target audience. It is imperative that you know the traders style and experience level you would target for sales.
    - Documentation (non skimpy) that explains how a trader may profit from your software.
    - Customer support. Be prepared to spend many hours a day talking about your product with prospective and actual customers.

Many of us have profitable automated systems, like you and I that have customer potential. Taking it to the next level is more complex than it first appears. Too much of the past retail trading industry has been denigrated by “black box” charlatans. This makes marketing legitimate new trading products difficult.

#16     Jan 15, 2009
  7. Loki

Loki

Any buyer for Port great system lol ?

Something tells me that there are no money back.

#17     Jan 15, 2009
  8. cookding

cookding

That was Bernie typing from his apartment...

#18     Jan 16, 2009
  9. skylr33

skylr33

In addition to already being on house arrest, the judge also needs to take away your computer Mr. Madoff.

#19     Jan 16, 2009
  10. really ? 25% a month .. i wanna invest

#20     Jan 21, 2009