Selling lots of trading and investing books on EBay starting from 0.01$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chicagobuy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. The 10 Essentials of Forex Trading: The Rules for Turning Patterns into Profit
    Excellent for short term swing & day trading BRAND NEW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Essentia...304?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item2317213fa0

More trading books:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/rajat2k2k/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3692

The Psychology of the Foreign Exchange Market by Thomas Oberlechner (2004)
    HARDCOVER !! BRAND NEW!! SWING TRADING and INVESTING

Stikky Stock Charts by Laurence Holt (2004, Paperback)
    DAY SWING TRADING and INVESTING - SIMPLE BUT EXCELLENT!

Magic of Moving Averages by Scot Lowry (1998, Paperback)
    Excellent For Day and Swing Trading

Paradigm by Robert Taylor and Robert D. Taylor (2006, Hardcover)
    Stock photo
    Sell one like this

Paradigm by Robert Taylor and Robert D. Taylor (2006, Hardcover)
    Trading and Investing Psychology !!AUTHOR SIGNED!!

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Day Trading Like a Pro by Peter J. Sander

Winning With The Dow's Losers: Beat The Market With Underdog Stocks
    Charles B. Carlson - SWING TRADING and INVESTING

Getting Started in Chart Patterns by Thomas N. Bulkowski (2005, Paperback)

Way of the Turtle: The Secret Methods That Turned Ordinary People into Legendary
    Traders - CURTIS FAITH - HARDCOVER- TRADING

SFO Magazine Personal Investor: Technical Analysis and Psychology of Trading

Short-term Trading in the New Stock Market by Toni Turner (2006, Hardcover)

The Option Advisor: Wealth-Building Techniques Using Equity & Index Options
    BERNIE SCHAEFFER - HARDCOVER - OPTIONS SWING TRADING

Trade Options Online by George A. Fontanills (1999, Hardcover)
    !!Great book for students, academics!! Swing Trading

The 90% Solution: Higher Returns, Less Risk byDavid Rogers
    $$$ TRADING INVESTING $$$ Hardcover book.

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I never understood why anyone sells their trading books. It can't be for the money. And if you blew out your account and don't want them anymore, just give them away. This has always confused me.

3. Why not? Being a successful trader doesn't necessarily mean you don't want to get the most money for the books. I could even argue that being a successful trader would make someone MORE likely to realize the maximum value. I have made $30,000 per day in the markets on some days, but it didn't stop me from selling my 100 trading books for $50 on Craigslist.

Why would the books have less value to other people if he blew out his own account?

4. western

western

Trading is a profession where buying and reading the wrong book will likely cost someone alot of money so I would argue that the vast majority of trading books are not worth even a penny.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

First of all, you can get all those books for free on the net and even the actual books can be had for a few dollars, literally. Any guy that is that big enough of a dick to try to extract a few bucks for worthless shit deserves to have his account blown up. Just my opinion of course.

6. Unfortunately, we are not talking about value, we are talking about price.

7. Your 2nd post has nothing to do with your 1st post.

But besides that, your 2nd reply is also contradictory. You claim that the books "can be had for a few dollars" (assumably from a store), which, from the tone of your sentence, seems to imply that is OK for a store (who presumably hasn't read them) to sell them. But then you denigrate any trader who sells them for "a few bucks" after using them and blowing out his account.

Both of your posts seems to imply that a trader who has bought some particular beginner trading books and blown up his/her account after reading them means that the objective value of those books is "worthless". This is what doesn't make sense to me. Different books have different value to different people. Although I would hardly call his list of books "good", on the other hand, I am willing to bet that a lot of money has been made trading basic chart patterns, like the ones taught in Bulkowski's book.

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, you over thinking this stuff. Go teach 3rd grade public school. Any guy who is pulling money out of the market should not be trying to squeeze 5.33 from a newbie trader. Just be a gentleman and do the charitable thing and give them away.

9. Actually, you were the one who initiated the issue, not me.

I'm not "over-thinking". If this conversation is too much for you, then that's fine, but don't project that limitation onto me. I'm fine with it.

Typical EliteTrader ad hominem attack.

I disagree. Sell them for what you can. And ignore other people's judgement about you about doing it.

10. Wow I didn't even think my post will get that any responses.

I am not making money day in and day out but at least on the positive side this year :) ...last year was breakeven. Previous three years were losers. I am still keeping all my favorite trading books.

Various reasons for selling my books:
    - Bought them by mistake (2 copies)
    - Not my trading style
    - Never even started reading them

I guess ebay thing didn't went well. It is better to have a fixed price and then advertise for a long time - will probably do on amazon.

I have 15 more books to go. Will post again once I have the books listed.

Thanks for your responses :)

#10     Dec 11, 2011