Selling it's own invented trading system = always a scam?!

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by WmWaster, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Who's Tom Baldwin?

#11     Mar 13, 2006
  2. What if you could not psychologically trade a system with 40% drawdowns and flat periods of up to 18 months ?

#12     Mar 14, 2006
  3. johnk49

johnk49

Actually the man,Mark crisp,is quite genuine.He picks stocks with high momentum,lets the winners run and cuts his losers early.His losers probably outnumber his winners but his winners make huge gains and can last for months(not my style,too boring).

You can get his free newsletter in which he tells you which stocks he is currently interested.

It's probably perfect for people who don't want to spend any time watching a monitor(that's why he calls it StressFree).

#13     Mar 14, 2006
  4. From the sound of it, it seems you've purchased his system.
    How good is it?
    How can he find the momentum stocks?

#14     Mar 14, 2006
  5. johnk49

johnk49

No Wm I have not purchased his system.I am going by the free selections he sends out in his free newsletter and now and then seeing how they do(some of them rocket).But as I said in my earlier post it's not my style of trading so I never actually take the trades.

#15     Mar 14, 2006
  6. But did he send you in the newsletter how he entered or exited his position for these stocks?

What's his net profit/loss?

#16     Mar 17, 2006
  7. johnk49

johnk49

No WM that's what you pay for!I believe he has a 6 month refund policy.Try it.

#17     Mar 18, 2006
  8. Absolutely... ALWAYS a scam.

It plays on a very common delusion of young or unsophisticated people:

You can buy a book or software that will make you "easy" money...
    That will let a moron like you take money away from genius level pros.

This is all constantly reinforced by billions of dollars of security industry advertising...

You know...
    The Calvin Klein model surrounded by computers...
    Pensively gazing out his window at a pristine landscape...
    While his software racks up all that free money.

Sorry to break it to you...
    But this guy is a figment of Madison Avenue.
    (But, hush my baby, Santa Claus is real).

rm+

:cool: :cool: :cool:

#18     Mar 18, 2006
  9. A few weeks ago if you went on ebay and punched in MetaStock, the Crisp swing trading system as a MetaStock plug-in was available for a few bucks.

#19     Mar 19, 2006
  10. everybody has a dream to buy....the vendor finds it...most people are the same...

#20     Mar 19, 2006