Selling Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by dealmaker, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Not if they haven't closed the short yet. By the way I didn't say you can't trade a a mania, I said you can't expect it to last forever or that it has fundamental reality to it.

#21     Feb 14, 2021
  2. NoahA

NoahA

Do you think it's poor people who are buying Bitcoin? It's more like the top 10% are unhappy that the top 1% have it all. But the bottom 90% are still left out.

#22     Feb 14, 2021
  3. It's a way for the poor people to opt out and move into the new system. Obviously it isn't perfect. But the top 1% like Warren Buffett call it rat poison. So there is at least the opportunity. The millenials are also far more likely to adopt a small amount of capital to it vs baby boomers.

Money at the end of the day is a social consensus mechanism as quoted by Gary Gensler.
    We are in the 1st-2nd inning of that consensus forming throughout the ENTIRE WORLD.
    upload_2021-2-14_21-31-39.png

#23     Feb 15, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  4. NoahA

NoahA

But my point is that they aren't. Poor people are too busy trying to make ends meet. They cannot put even $500 into BTC, which would be 1% of 1 coin. If you have many coins already owned by corporations or some lucky early investors, then you already have the issue that we have today, that most of the wealth is concentrated by just a fraction of the people on earth. Even if BTC goes to $500,000, it doesn't make poor people any better off, it just makes the already rich that much better off.

#24     Feb 15, 2021
  5. jys78

jys78

My point is, SOMEONE sold it at the high. People were selling all the way up and all the way back down. The $ they made are real to them.

Same goes for any other move. Sure there are losers, but there are also winners.

#25     Feb 15, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

#26     Feb 15, 2021
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

lol, who uses electric heat in effin' Texas?

#27     Feb 15, 2021
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Bitcoin skepticism

A poll of senior finance executives this month by Gartner shows 84% do not plan to ever hold bitcoin as a corporate asset—Tesla’s purchases notwithstanding. The reason: bitcoin’s volatility poses a financial risk. Bloomberg

#28     Feb 17, 2021
  9. Sprout

Sprout

Cool, love to know what these dinosaur companies are.

#29     Feb 18, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  10. maxinger

maxinger

as of now, there is no sign BTC futures is going to collapse.

day range has increased significantly since Jan 2021.

well. BTC is going to be like Gamestop.
    Hope we can experience and benefit from Tulip Mania #2.

#30     Feb 18, 2021