Selling a simple and profitable system

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Dec 26, 2010.

1. the op's trying to sell it - TO YOU

#11     Dec 28, 2010
  2. Roark

Roark

The flaw in your logic is that you're not successful, so success is not the reason that people hate you. They probably hate you because you're stupid and annoying.

#12     Dec 28, 2010
  3. jinxu

jinxu

And the flaw in your thinking is that it's one-dimensional. I believe I am successful in developing a powerful trading system. As my p/l statement will show.

The hate stems from people viewing me as arrogant because I dared to challenge their belief that it is impossible to make huge gains in trading.

I think you should consider taking the IQ test mentioned in this thread:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=212639

#13     Dec 28, 2010
  4. heech

heech

I wait with bated breath. Call me on one-dimensional, but I know you are currently a failure in developing any trading system... as your p/l statement already shows.

Which is, of course, ridiculous. Tremendously profitable trading is obviously possible. You can look at Jim Simons' returns at RenTech for confirmation of that.

I think people find you extremely annoying because your arrogance is justified by nothing more than your perfect ACT score, an online IQ test score, and a bottom-less pit of self-denial.

Jealous of your prosperity? How prosperous have you been this year, exactly?

I made approximately 50% returns this calendar year, and will bring home 7-digits in trading profits. And yet, I don't get the feeling I'm widely resented. Go figure.

#14     Dec 28, 2010
  5. jinxu

jinxu

I already know about him. I was talking returns in annual percentages, not dollar values.

I believe you're one of my haters too.

Why would I be impress by that? My system can generate returns much greater than 50%. I've done enough backtesting to be convinced of that. Compounding can make your money grow very fast.

Just to let you know, I don't spend all my time thinking about the market. The most I have to work is probably 10 hours a week. Maybe even less.

#15     Dec 28, 2010
  6. jinxu

jinxu

And oh yeah. I didn't write those statements which was implied when I put them in "quotation marks".

Just thought I should let you genius traders know if you're arguing with me over exact words.

#16     Dec 28, 2010
  7. Ok genius...when are you going to start trading live...

NiN

#17     Dec 28, 2010
  8. Nexen

Nexen

Systems are sold when they are underperforming or in the dying stages otherwise they are traded.

The typical excuse is I need capital to trade it.

.....so get a job then trade it.

Business full of scammers.

Just a random helpful comment.

:D

#18     Dec 28, 2010
  9. lol @ jinxu in this thread. Man I hope he stays around.

#19     Dec 28, 2010
  10. Sounds like a good deal. Check your pm

#20     Dec 28, 2010