Selling a house in near Moscow, Russia

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pavlov0032, Jul 15, 2008.

1. RedRat

RedRat

I live in Moscow, Russia.

Realty is overpriced here. Not only in Moscow, but last years all throughout Russia. My salary is good for Moscow, at least it is above average, but I can not buy 1 sq meter for my monthly salary.

It is a great bubble. And I am waiting when it will be collapsed. It will be bad for the country but it may be good for myself.

And about 8 beutifull women around 1 guy - it is provocative example. Just buy realty from him :).

PS there is no way to short Russian market.

#21     Aug 28, 2008
  2. Oh do I have some stories about girls from MN. Super sexy as blonde as they get with the bluest eyes on the planet and they like older men (especially this man)!

One in college about 4-5 years ago was half my age, if that. I was in graduate school; she was a freshman.

My neighbor is from MN, a very good looking blue eyed blonde. She has 4 outrageous daughters half my age and she's been trying for years to get me to marry one of them. Only problem there is I would be at their abusive father's throat daily. From time to time I take one out and we have lots of fun but I don't know if anything permanent will come from it.

Yes, I like them Scandinavians and how!

#22     Aug 28, 2008
  3. now, are they "sexy" according to the et scale?

bear in mind that as you get older, the ole eyes tend to deceive.

#23     Aug 28, 2008
  4. Exactly. All it takes is one visit to Zepplin or Karma Bar and you'd be hooked.

Sorry, Pavlov - I just unloaded my property near Belaruskaya and I'm out of that city!

#24     Aug 28, 2008
  5. Oh yes. Younger women like the security they get from an older man, and older men, well, they just like younger women for the obvious reasons.

#25     Aug 28, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Only in the "tall, blonde & blue with bit tits" sort of way..

#26     Aug 28, 2008
  7. RedRat

RedRat

Hi Ivanovich,

Are you russian? :) Did not expect to have russian moderator here at ET. Do you think Moscow realty may crash?

Best regards

#27     Aug 29, 2008
  8. I do not live in Moscow anymore. Last time I lived there was 3 years ago.

I don't expect the housing/apartment market to crash. Not unless there's a country-wide financial meltdown. Think of the dynamics...

The only real place in Russia to get a job - a job worth anything - is Moscow. St. Pete has a few companies, and maybe Ekaterinbug, but they do not compare to Moscow. You cannot find any real jobs in the rest of the regions, or in cities like Novosibirsk or Chubaksary...lol!

So given that everyone has to come to Moscow for work, and there's only so many places to live (no real high rise places to live like in NY), houses there will continue to rise.

The only thing that can stop it is a collapse in the oil industy, since all of Russia is dependant on the oil price. This doesn't look likely. But if it were to occur, then you'd see another crash like the late 90s.

If that happened, I would buy up any real estate I could.

Moscow is all about high prices - for everything. That's why you can't go to a cafe without spending $100 for just some small food and glass of wine.

The only thing to do is sit at Mayakovka and drink Baltika! That's always cheap.

#28     Aug 29, 2008
  9. Russian moderator on a US site, huh?
    Sign of things to come? :)

Psst.......anyone want to buy 500,000 tee shirts emblazoned,
    "Russian Army World Tour 2009" ?

US$40 each, bulk discount available.

Limited edition of 500 signed by Vladimir Putin US$999 each.

#29     Aug 29, 2008
  10. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the
    boogy

#30     Aug 29, 2008