Sell Into The Rallies

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Oct 14, 2008.

1. That's true. Volatility is a day trader's heaven. Let the market prognosticators debate themselves until they're blue in the face!

#11     Oct 14, 2008
  2. Excellent quote.
    Sounds very similar to this one:

:cool:

#12     Oct 14, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I never said anyone was an investor, im simply stating an opinion.

Did you sell the 300+ point rally this morning or are you still holding out for this new bull market and DOW 14k.

No need for you to continue to think you know what you are talking about when you dont even post anything worth reading, I at least post my opinions and what stocks to buy, did you see what happened to the stocks I averaged into, as you and makolda think that averaging into losers is just a losing game you are WAY WAY WAY WRONG.

#13     Oct 14, 2008
  4. Haha. Turning losers into winners by averaging into the position works great... until it doesn't! Let me guess, you never had a 'near blowup experience' with your averaging down strategy?

You will. Sooner or later. We all have to learn our lessons.

#14     Oct 14, 2008
  5. You have stated on more than several occasions that you DO NOT USE STOPS and that you continually "average-down" into positions even though those positions are completely underwater to the tune of double-digit losses.

Again, this is not a successful strategy employed by TRADERS. In fact, I don't know of any TRADERS that average down and do not use any kind of risk management techniques, such as using stop-losses.

I would suggest that you please take your posts out of the TRADING forum.
    Your "opinions" are devoid of any application to the real TRADING world.

#15     Oct 14, 2008
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Actually what I predicted has happened.

#16     Oct 14, 2008
  7. #17     Oct 14, 2008
  8. Just be patient. Markets can be a very humbling.

#18     Oct 14, 2008
  9. That's what Long Term Capital Management thought until they blew up.:cool:

The only thing you get from picking bottoms is a dirty finger.

#19     Oct 14, 2008
  10. Exactly.
    They kept "averaging" at 1, 2, and 3 standard deviations and it never came back their way.
    They got CRUSHED. That's what happens when you are biased into your "prediction" and "stops" aren't used.

#20     Oct 14, 2008