sell ES

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by marketsurfer, Dec 14, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And speaking of which, if the moderators would act on this crap instead of letting threads turn into Chit Chat, the board wouldn't be in the shape it's in.

#41     Dec 15, 2003
  2. You are right; I apologize.

All done.

Best,
    David

#42     Dec 15, 2003
  3. So I did a third ES SHORT position at 1087.50 after price hit 1088.75 (March contract) and started to retrace never hitting my next ADD target at 1089. Still holding three ES SHORT positions at 1086, 1086, and 1087.50. I will most likely hold these for several days to see what kind of price action we get over the next few days.

Chris

#43     Dec 15, 2003
  4. Ebo

Ebo

AMT:
    Nice work!
    I added small as well.
    Took back half in here.....1078.
    Will add on rally or take back balance below 75.

ebo

#44     Dec 15, 2003
  5. fantastic trading, amt. i am impressed !

best,

surfer

#45     Dec 15, 2003
  6. Canibus

Canibus

dat was sum hype ****!!!

Blaze 1 fo Johnny

#46     Dec 15, 2003
  7. if I may ask... where do you get out of said shorts (stop)?

I sold short some spx otm calls on the gap up this morning... now trying to leg into otm puts above market; 1070s...

#47     Dec 15, 2003
  8. I was looking for a 1075 break on the ES today to stay in my SHORT position trade...this just happened a little while ago. I will go for 1065.50 area re-test (LOD from 12/12) over the next day or two. If I feel we have built a good area of support prior to this price level then I will cover all positions and then re-evaluate for a later re-entry of my SHORT position trade. Will keep you posted!

Chris

Also, the other main reason I went SHORT out of the 18:30 EST Globex ES opening yesterday evening, is the ES "Daily" chart price action. Any time the ES has set a new high for the year and the current ES price level is +15.0 points or more above the "Daily" ES charts 20 EMA then I start building up a SHORT Position Trade. We were roughly +29.0 points above the "Daily" chart 20 EMA when the ES was trading yesterday...BIG mean reversion probabilities in my mind so I had to start building a SHORT position trade ("Daily" 20 EMA was around 1059.50 last night when the Globex opened trading). Every time we are making new S&P highs and the price action is +15.0 pts or more above the "Daily" 20 EMA I'm in!

#48     Dec 15, 2003
  9. you see 1065 this week?

can I borrow your crystal ball... mine doesn't reflect that low :p

bonne chance

Ice
    :cool:

#49     Dec 15, 2003
  10. I only see this if the market remains weak going into tomorrow. The market has a lot to digest after all the weekend news, so anything can happen. I feel that we do not yet have a STRONG area of support for the ES in the 70's price level area. I see the PPA (previous price action) support area at 1065.50 as the area with the best level of strong support for our current price action. If we build a good level of support above 1065.50 and I see multiple failures to drop to lower levels, then I will cover my SHORT position trade.

Chris

#50     Dec 15, 2003