Sell Dvy - Eric Bolling Play

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by eagle488, Oct 19, 2006.

1. changing the subject here but do any of you gents know

"SPUD" or "JV" ? are they still down there on the nymex?

I used to clerk along side these gents before they became
    members way back when seats were going for less than
    250K on the nymex in the late 1980's

funny ... I used to clerk for "MD" before he became comex chairman and "WCP" too when gold was trading actively

I still cannot believe how the CBOT has taken so much volume from the comex so quickly ...

but thanks to them I have been able to make a good living
    this yr without having to call the "comex" floor

change is a good thing I guess

:p

#21     Oct 28, 2006
  2. #22     Oct 28, 2006
  3. Danulous

Danulous

did you ever think maybe they ask traders to be on cnbc to give their opinions on....things...? i don't think traders in need of "publicity" (if that's the case) would ask to be on cnbc to make their calls. and then of course if they are wrong, we go on ET and criticize...

they made money in the market, their own way. gotta respect them all, being on cnbc doesn't make a difference. i think we'd all want to be on cbc anyhow.

if newbie retail traders make trades because somebody on cnbc says their opinion on anything at all, then those people shouldn't be trading...that's not bolling's fault, or cnbc's. personally, i like to hear everybody's opinion on cnbc, even cramer...

#23     Oct 28, 2006
  4. When someone says something about a specific stock, fund or etf, *IMMEDIATELY* there are a bunch of trades made off of it.

For example, I was watching the ticker of BRLC. They did a 20 second cameo of Syntax-Brilliance and how they just opened a new plant in Ontario, California. Instantly, the stock traded upward on heavy volume. Actually, a 10% increase in share price in seconds.

Whats my point? My point is that when a stock is mentioned then it gets instant upward pressure. When a stock gets so much upward pressure so fast, then there will be a sharp pullback at some point whether it be a day or days or weeks or a month. Eventually, the investors who piled into BRLC will cash out their positions especially when they learn that company hasnt ever made a profit and then there are these very slim margins on television sets.

Instant upward pressure=eventual downward correction

#24     Oct 28, 2006
  5. Danulous

Danulous

well that may be true. but, it doesn't happen in every instance that something is mentioned on cnbc. but the thread is about eric bolling making a few bad calls on cnbc and about his character or trading ability...
    people on cnbc can't help the fact that when they state their opinions random people that watch cnbc will trade off it...
    but the first post was about bolling making a call on some longer-term trend that was just wrong...well, nobody says you have to listen to people on cnbc...they are there to state their opinions. people are allowed to have opinions about companies/investments aren't they? that's what making money in this business is all about...
    if you don't like his opinions and part of your strategy is to trade off other people's opinions on cnbc, then you could trade in the opposite direction. sounds like a fine and dandy strategy to me...
    you also said his call on oil was totally wrong and you would rather have people on cnbc telling you the right information so you can trade off it. why wouldn't you just use the information that is out there and come up with your own opinion? i mean, if his call was totally wrong...then other people's call was right. so then it comes down to interpretation of information which you have to do on your own. i guess..
    i think i remember cramer calling the top on oil...so somebody was right.

#25     Oct 28, 2006
  6. +1 Met the guy in person. Seems alright does not mind high risk.

Akuma

#26     Oct 29, 2006
  7. e-miNY

e-miNY

Who needs Cramer when you got Bolling?

Long Corn Long Gold. At least 5 mil. profit for him on these 2 trades alone?

It doesnt matter how many times he has those wrong calls on stocks, 2 trade will cover every wrong call for the rest of the decade.

#27     Nov 9, 2006
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Was that a spread trade? I know he made a fortune on his Crude/Nat gas spread (Long Nat gas/short Crude).

#28     Nov 9, 2006
  9. e-miNY

e-miNY

The trade is to long corn outright at 2.50, long gold/crude spread, long gold outright at the 600 handle.

Assuming he puts on 300 corn, 200 gold, and some gold crude spread. 5 mil would be a conservitive figure.

#29     Nov 9, 2006
  10. what do you think his motivations are

#30     Nov 12, 2006