Sell a strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by m&m&m, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Very very interesting! :D

#41     Sep 29, 2003
  2. Bob111

Bob111

did you make ANY money by trading strategies from this book?
    as far as i know-no one from tradestation forum can get acceptable results from backtesting. maybe you like a writing or style or how to program something in EL from it? the point of conversation here is not my webpage but-for to find out-how much and for what people will pay a money. all i say-average PL for all systems from this book is about 1.5%. go head and test it in real world. i bet-you will be surprised(and your wallet too).

i create my lame website for three reasons-1-practice in programming,2-to show that this is possible to have all those calculations in real time on web.3-after almost 2 years i still claim-that there is no such service on web, where you can find this particular info in real time for FREE. can you?
    why i did not support it-that different story...
    peace

#42     Sep 29, 2003
  3. ????

All public systems are BS...

#43     Sep 29, 2003
  4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

.... if all you are doing is buying systems from others with no work input to develop your own trading methodology, then you will be in trouble if market conditions change in a way that does not benefit your purchased system - or you will be at the mercy of the vendor for charges to modify or provide another system. A better approach is to develop your own techniques from your own knowledge base - or develop your knowledge base first. If you have profitable techniques you can then hire people to trade them. Depending on outsiders who only are after your money is a bad strategy in my opinion .....

#44     Sep 29, 2003
  5. Bob111

Bob111

if authors of this crap or YOU come up with something like this-
    then-i have no words. it make me laugh, when people claim to be-----Learn the art and science of trading systems from professional speculators. The authors share powerful long and short trading strategies that span all time frames, including over one hundred annotated charts with commentary and rationale--

professional speculators.
    then i'm are f..g king of professional speculators and system designers and my books(with code for systems posted here) must be selled at least for 1K)))))

#45     Sep 29, 2003
  6. Bob111

Bob111

z

#46     Sep 29, 2003
  7. Bob111

Bob111

zz

#47     Sep 29, 2003
  8. Bob111

Bob111

zzz

#48     Sep 29, 2003
  9. Bob111

Bob111

remember that results are based on fixed bet size of 1000(with 10K capital)-when you look on monthly or year report- % growth-is growth of whole account(not a bet size) if you choose to reinvest-you will come up with something like in my couple first posts here.(few B dollars). average holding period-2 days with expectancy more than 6%.
    that why this book is crap and author status of pro speculator and pro system designer make me laugh.

peace

#49     Sep 29, 2003
  10. m&m&m

m&m&m

Bob, how many average trades per year in this strategy?

#50     Oct 3, 2003