Sell a strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by m&m&m, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Ok. Let me raise my bid: I will pay you 10% of all profits I make in the first 12 months using your strategy.

#21     Sep 19, 2003
  2. acrary

acrary

A decent system with 200% return on 1 contract based on 3x margin, with slippage and commissions included ususally sells for about $3,000 per-user on Futures Truth.

#22     Sep 19, 2003
  3. 51%...that's peanuts man...hehe

Here's one... day trading one ES on 03-07-03. All the trades are
    marked, so go ahead and figure it out.

:D

(If you can't, just PM me and I'll send you the system)

Only works on Ensign, though.

Have Fun !

#23     Sep 19, 2003
  4. m&m&m

m&m&m

That is exactly the soul of my question - how do you proof the system without showing actual trades - and who would pay you afterwards if everything is shown already?

#24     Sep 19, 2003
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think I have mentioned this on another forum but I have the people for you to talk to. You can give them your system and they will trade it and report the results. Your results will factor in actual slippage and commission costs. So their numbers are very accurate and they don't do any prop trading so they are not going to steal your system. If you want their number, PM me and I will give it to you and a contact person. They can even automate it for you so you don't have to trade it, they will. I will vouge for them by saying I believe them to be the best in the business with what they do and their reputation in the Chicago community is top notch.

#25     Sep 20, 2003
  6. why not just trade the thing? you'll make way more and not have to worry about marketing, support, etc.

#26     Sep 20, 2003
  7. You have said what I believe everyone here knows: If I have a system that can turn $2,000 into $1,000,000 within a few months, why worry about selling it? Surely you can come up with $2000 somehow.

#27     Sep 20, 2003
  8. That would seem the most sensible thing to do imo. If it works so well - why the need to sell it at all (or even talk about selling it...)

Just trade and make money...

Best

Natalie

#28     Sep 20, 2003
  9. I just guess, possibly people could sell anything including air, water, sunlight, holy-grail, etc., as long as an effective marketing scheme would be implemented. :( :mad:

#29     Sep 20, 2003
  10. m&m&m

m&m&m

Thanks for all the tips, guys.
    This system was specifically designed for a Hedge Fund. For one thing - number of transactions –100-200 per month. I can’t trade it myself – having 1000-2000 on account (make it 10,000 or 50,000) and on average 1% profit per trade does not make sense – commissions are bigger.
    I trade “retail” modification of the system (actually, this one is Hedge Fund modification of what I had before for myself)– I go for bigger profits with much less transactions but with some bigger risk. It is good for me but not for a hedge fund – they tend to like more stability.

#30     Sep 20, 2003