Self-Perception

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Mike805, Sep 20, 2005.

1. every year smart traders and hedge funds blow up because things happen even though they dont have a cocky attitude like yours. i guess they were just are not as good as you.
    how long have you traded? you sound wet behind the ears.

#21     Sep 28, 2005
  2. vhehn,
    You my fellow trader, have the wrong perception of the market, I hope one day you will realize, trading and investing isn't about stocks, companies or earnings, its about r/r.

Mike805,
    I don't see that as humbling, All that tells me is , you currently trade with the mindset of short term holdings, If you wanted to swing trade you can and the mindset is differrent and just needs to be adjusted to.

Has nothing to do with the markets, If you go to a club with the mindset of a one night bang with a fat cow, your mindset won't change to marrying her the next week.

#22     Sep 28, 2005
  3. well i guess you have it all figured out. you have sure improved since you posted this. amazing how we just know the market cant hurt us 3 months after we make a big screwup ourselves:
    06-24-05 01:50 PM

I agree my stop discpline was fucked up, Not was it only not in place, I had some fucked up thinking about divergences and sorts. REverseion to the mean and things.

In my mind I was begining to realize , This can't continue, I'd have serious issues down the road if I allow these divergences to loose up my stop points.

I was trading multiple vehicles so looking at NASDAQ I would see divergence with stocks , let it run just a little bit because there was a "divergence" , "Maybe its doing a headfake, God damn market is jumping off the roof, how can it possibly rally"

Now at least I'll be trading only one market/future, there won't be any divergences that would possibly allow myself to let me past my 0.30% stop lost.

I signed up to IB, wired money over already, Was analyzing my futures position,

I think prophet.net has delayed quotes for emini nasdaq

Time for a new vehicle, Short on extremes, buy on extremes, No divergence! thank god!

The One Lotter is here, Lock up your wallets, prepare to be taken or given

#23     Sep 28, 2005
  4. I trade 3 separate accounts. I have margin in my day-trading account and I usually end the day in that account flat. I also trade in every time frame. I've held less than 30 seconds and more than 3 years.

My point was that no matter what you may think about your success/failure in a trade, it always could have been better/worse. I am humbled by the fact that my discipline can always be improved, that my patience will always be tested.

Has nothing to do with the markets, If you go to a club with the mindset of a one night bang with a fat cow, your mindset won't change to marrying her the next week. [/QUOTE]

I would think that a fat cow would sell for more than a skinny cow.

#24     Sep 28, 2005
  5. vhehn,
    That should show you, learning how to trade correctly does not take more then a few months of studious studies and improvements.

I do not fear the markets EVER, I only fear myself from repeating the same mistakes.

#25     Sep 28, 2005