self moderation

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by darkhorse, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Q
    I'm not sure why but that thread may have been deleted by the original poster prier to the option "permission to delete original post" being turned off.

Have you tried to ask PeteUK?
    MoneyTec
    Administrator
    UQ

Q
    Great pauldavid because we can't seem to find it ourselves. It must have been deleted by the poster.

If you don't mind, send us a copy and we will attach it to this thread for members..

Thanks again
    MoneyTec
    Administrator
    UQ

http://www.moneytec.com/forums/_showthread/_s-e2c09fbe844805ade0bbeab540a49eb7/_threadid-5546

:confused:

#21     Apr 25, 2004
  2. There would be too many threads on the Journal (or any) forum showing 100% win-rate (and buying tops, selling bottoms), whether by vendors or potential vendors. (Causing some sponsors with lesser than 100% win-rate would consider leaving ET.)

And concurrently, there also would have at least one or many thread(s) (probably after moving to the chit chat forum) collecting complaints against each journal presenting 100% winrate, until one day no more complaints to any threads as no one cares anymore.

I'm afraid a Forum is meant and created to invite different opinions (either positive or negative), rather than to limit any (according to just someone's preferences/standards). Or simply don't call it a Forum, but something else (such as Advertisement).

:confused: :D

#22     Apr 26, 2004
  3. damir00

damir00 Guest

don't know what to say beyond saying other sites allow thread creators to moderate their boards and it works far better than the current ET mess. theoretical considerations would sway me more if there weren't existence proofs ITRW, KWIM?

#23     Apr 26, 2004
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Other sites also police their membership more vigorously. Fix a few of the more important problems and self-moderation is no longer an issue.

#24     Apr 26, 2004
  5. damir00

damir00 Guest

yep, doing it at the macro level works too. but it's got to be done somewhere...

#25     Apr 26, 2004
  6. Damir is correct. I very much prefer SI to this site. It is a much more civilized environment in which I am far more willing to participate, most likely becasue of the ability to moderate and ignore.

jj

#26     Apr 27, 2004
  7. thought id throw in my .0002

Journal threads should be self moderated by the thread starter.. no edits, only deletes..

Threads started in Trading, Economics, Psychology etc etc should continue as they are..

There should be a system where several members can vote to "ban" any disruptive poster from any thread.. say with 5 negative votes including the thread starter, the person gets the boot..

There should be Christmas twice a year.. and bigger chocholate bunnies on easter..

-qwik

#27     Apr 30, 2004
  8. OnGoing

OnGoing

It is amazing how easily lots of people seem to get personal with each other for the smallest things.

I would add more drastic alternatives closing down accounts of annoying members with obvious mal-intent or not showing respect for others. I am new but have already read thousands of posts, and after scrolling through all the ridiculuos "word battles" it gets very tiring.

I would think this mainly is a forum to share ideas and assist each other, not a playground for not grown up children.

Best Regards

#28     May 1, 2004
  9. I agree! Now give me your best trade!! :B

#29     May 1, 2004