Self Employment Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by fast, Oct 5, 2001.

1. fast

fast

Baron,

Recently I was browsing the threads under Trading and noticed several related to the business of trading, such as health insurance, accounting, taxes. I am wondering if it would be useful to have a discussion category for this. Just a thought. Tried to come up with a title suggestion, but didn't like any I thought of.

2. In response to Fast's post on the issues of health isurance, accounting, taxes etc, maybe a category for the self-employed trader, as these issues are very important when running a busines for oneself. If this is your only source of income or you file trading as a business, and I know from my own experience you have to go all over the place for this kind of info. In establishing your own business this is all necesary info. Thanks
    :)

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

This will definitely happen within the next few days. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. Bob777

Bob777

Health insurance seems easy to get for full time traders but what about long term disability insurance. I haven't called in sick from work in over 10 years but I been around long enough to know it's something you need.

Does anyone who trades full time have long term disability insurance? Does anyone know who offers this type of insurance for self employed traders? All I could find is insurance companies that had a requirement of being self employed for at least 2 years before you could apply.

Bob

5. LelandC

LelandC

Does anyone know of some decent health insurance for traders (self employed folks) that doesn't cost a fortune?

Leland

6. vinigar

vinigar

Baron,
    I can hardly wait....thanks...Fast ...I have been hoping Baron would create a category for what you have mentioned...we get a lot of information here on trading etc. but not the needed information we all want as regards taxes, insurance etc...when Baron gets it going we will then be able to share our experiences and help one another with these often difficult issues.:)

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It won't be long now. The homepage is being revamped and when that is done, I'll put up the self employment forum. It'll be about one more day before it's done.

8. vinigar

vinigar

Baron,
    Just a word of thanks for all your hard work...I'll be looking for the new page....again.....thanks:)

9. sallyboy

sallyboy Guest

Thanks Baron!

And Thanks Fast for the excellent suggestion!

10. JCM

JCM

Great thread guys--so much so that it has finally brought me out of the bushes of just reading this site---into actually becoming a member.

I'm wondering if anybody has used Robert Green or Ted Tesser to assist them with their taxes or setting up entities--and if so, what did they think and what was their experience?

Thanks, JCM

#10     Nov 2, 2001