Self-Defense is Not a Crime

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thecoder, Nov 24, 2021.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

♫ ♬♪ Ok-la-homa where the meth comes sweeping down the plain... ♪♫

#31     Nov 26, 2021
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  2. New Jersey = the number one "moved out of state" in 2021 in the country.

You keep arguing that I don't know something that New Jerseyites know.

Arguably, I do.

However, you want to stay there and I want you to stay there so it's all good.

#32     Nov 26, 2021
  3. UsualName

UsualName

Thats the best you got? As I am on the ground here:

1. New Jersey grew at about the average pace as the US. So New Jersey is one of the most moved to states as well.

2. Check the age of people moving. It’s retired people. But why? 2 reasons, first New Jersey is a high earner state so people have more money when they retire and two, property value. You have to realize 2,000 square foot house here is over $500k. Sell that along with your retirement account and you can live like a king in a retirement community down south for the rest of your life.

People are more prosperous in NJ. That’s why it’s very densely populated and high earning.

Anyway, keep looking.

#33     Nov 26, 2021
  4. I see. You just made a great argument that says that those who can afford to move are moving or move the minute they can because they are not bound there by other things. HELL OF A JOB BROWNIE. Correct. Those who are able to move to a higher quality of life do so.

Looks like- based on the last election- that those who cannot or do not want to move are increasingly voting republican. Well, that can be a way to go too.

#34     Nov 26, 2021
  5. Wallet

Wallet

Deflect? I thought it was obvious as the nose on your face but I understand why you didn’t pick up on it.

Tree will appreciate this as it connects to his New England roots. The In-laws, all Mainer’s, in their own vernacular anyone not native to Maine (Tree will say that applies to at least two or three generations) are considered “away from heres”.

There’s only one thing worse than being an “away from here” and I quote “being from New Jersey”. The problem with New Jersey is its full of New Jerseysns.

A Wise Man once said, “for where your treasure is there your heart be also.”

Some people just focus on things.

#35     Nov 26, 2021
  6. Correct indeed.

In Mainespeak there is the expression: Just because a cat crawls in the oven and has kittens, doesn't make them biscuits." Meaning that just because you were born in Maine does not make you a Mainer.

If you were born in Maine and live there, you get some points for that. You are elevated to being "a year-round summer visitor." Give it three generations and you can work your way up from there.

It works the other way round too. I am a nineth generation Mainer and it is not possible for me to be other than that regardless of what my current location may or may not be from year to year. In my mind, Maine is the only state where I am fully documented and that is fine. If ICE tried to throw me out there, I would throw them out. Versus New Jersey types who move there and then tell people they are from Maine. They spend their days telling Mainers that they are from some place better then Maine, then they go home to New Jersey and tell them they live up in paradise now. Round and round they go. They are a disgusting breed.

Having said all that, one should not get the impression that they will never be accepted if they move to Maine. The New Jersey people will say that but that is because they are obnoxious and then wonder why people do not warm up to them. Otherwise a person could move from anywhere and if they are a good neighbor, do not speak excessively or expect others to care about your latest thought or opinion, and are kind to their livestock if they have any, and lift your finger up off the steering wheel on the way to the dump to waive and bond with your neighbors, you will never have a problem. That's asking too much for the New Jerseyites. They are noisy, self-centered traveling road show.

There is an expression among religous people, originally but maybe improperly attributed St. Francis- "Preach the Gospel continuously. But do not use words unless absolutely necessary." That is -or was orginally- the Maine style. Just be a good neighbor, reduce the number of words you use, and don't be an asshole and you can move there and all is well. You don't have to have been there for generations. Just don't be an asshole or you will be shunned like you have never seen. Refer to Martha Stewart for more on this. She has/had a place up on the Island (Mt. Desert Island/Bar Harbor) where some of the richest people in American have places (think Rockerfeller) and the locals and the rich people from away get along fine and are very decent to each other. VERY. But she made some asshole uppity comments about the locals and it did not end well for her. I will not replay it but there were cheers when she went to prison. Yeh, not that hard to fit in. Just don't an asshole. That seems to be too high a bar for New Jerseyites.

#36     Nov 26, 2021
  7. UsualName

UsualName

Totally lost in space response. Get a clue.

#37     Nov 26, 2021
  8. [​IMG]

#38     Nov 26, 2021
  9. UsualName

UsualName

Hah. It’s the same all around. People often forget the Jersey is a huge industry that actually does near as much revenue per year as florida and it blows people’s mind. But the point is the locals call people coming in from out state “shoe-bees” and “Bennys” because it’s all the same except here it’s Staten Islanders who are most disliked.

Me, I’m clinical about this stuff. Would I rather raise my family in Maine, Oklahoma or New Jersey. It’s a no brainer from every angle. Health, prosperity, safety, education, opportunity.

So try to understand this all started with a stupid policy proposal from an Oklahoma politician and me pointing out Oklahoma’s current state is an amalgamation of stupid policies and the outcome is predictable and detrimental to Oklahoma’s well being. Any sane person can see Oklahoma has big problems that need to be addressed.

#39     Nov 26, 2021
  10. If you did have any confusion about whether you wanted to be back in New Jersey or not, you could move to Maine or Oklahoma and just be yourself and they would clear that up for you right off. You act like you have a choice. No. You get a temporary visa and are on probation. We can have you back in New Jersey even earlier than you might expect.

[​IMG]

#40     Nov 26, 2021