Self Control, Willpower exercises

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by rollsafe, Mar 31, 2008.

1. I think what he is saying is "no pain, no gain" so you should get a car battery, some jumper cables, and a computer controlled relay. Hook it all up to your computer and testicles so that you get a shock every time you make a losing trade. Something tells me you will trade a LOT smarter.

DISCLAIMER: This post is in complete jest and not to be taken seriously. DO NOT attempt the suggestion herein. The poster is not liable for any damages either directly or consequential from the use of the suggestion in this post.

#11     Mar 31, 2008
  2. No c'mon now no reason to go extreme! :eek: How about only when he doesn't follow his trading plan! :D J/K, I really am kidding. My point is that sometimes singing kumbayah and thinking positive thoughts is not enough.

#12     Mar 31, 2008
  3. cgar

cgar

Here you go.

#13     Mar 31, 2008
  4. RL8093

RL8093

That's due to large karma debt from spamming ET reviews & forums with unsupported Transact** lunacy. It'll be quite a while before you can work this debt off ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

R

** - note - I am not now nor have ever been a Transact customer. However, I am a fan of supported (& ideally rational) allegations. :cool:

#14     Mar 31, 2008
  5. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120681&highlight=law+of+attraction

5Pillars

03-11-08 03:49 PM

The simple answer is YES.

I have developed a method using aspects of "Law of Attraction" mechanical visualization techniques that have had some excellent results. You want your mind to have operational trading habits that are not influenced by destructive psychology while operating your trades. This is the key, to have very operationally efficient and constructive psychology while within the actual operations of your trading. You can train your mind to operate from an extremely efficient mentality which is of low stress and very clear thought.

Edit/Delete • Quote • Complain

#15     Mar 31, 2008
  6. Rub one out with twice the frequency.

Then you've doubled your self control.

#16     Mar 31, 2008