Self Clearing Firms

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderjimbo, Apr 17, 2002.

1. clearing services are fungible. it's like making a local phone call. how much does it cost the telephone company to complete that call?

Throw on a <i>reasonable</i> risk premium, and you have your costs.

#61     Jun 3, 2002
  2. VOLUME

VOLUME

"Just when I think I have seen the stupidest comments ever...this guy emerges from some cave and starts posting"...and is having hallucinations about reading between the lines of my post, kinda sad really......(sorry all, but I just couldn't resist....it is so amusing to see this type of mindless retort). Now for a "normal" response:

As usual Don, someone who has a differing opinion than yours is "stupid and sad".
    This is not your private forum for brainwashing people into thinking you have the best firm around(Or maybe it is, we'll see how long this post stays up).
    Also, just because I don't post thirty times a day (like you) it does not mean I just "emerged from a cave and started posting". I have been reading this site for almost a year and joined 4 months ago.

"it is so amusing to see this type of mindless retort). Now for a "normal" response"--Bright

Who are you to judge? Why is your response normal? You have pretty thin skin for someone in your position.

#62     Jun 3, 2002
  3. Don,

Please stop this self promoting.
    I think most, if not all members on this board are sick of it.

#63     Jun 3, 2002
  4. Why start the senseless bashing in the first place? I suppose it's ok to let a couple of errant posters say whatever they like without response....well I think not. I treat this board with the same respect I would any individual, and will respond in kind when confronted with what I feel is insulting nonsense.

If you would care to actaully have an adult conversation about any of the topics on the board, feel free to give me a call or send an IM. If you want to "lash out" for some reason, then you may get something in return.

I wish you well!!

Don

#64     Jun 3, 2002
  5. He believe all potential customers are sheep that are eager to be slaughtered.

He knows that he will lure in a percentage as long as he is trying...

#65     Jun 6, 2002
  6. matthew

matthew

All brokers bad bad bad
    Try steal poor me money all time
    Me not need pay for anything
    Me find broker who work for free
    Me not worry they go belly up
    Me know it costs quarter pick up phone
    Me only want pay quarter

Come on. Maybe Don's response was a little flip but degenerating into this sort of thing is pointless.

Negotiate your commission rates based on what services you need and how much volume you have to offer and how large of an account you have. Asking how much a single one of my costs is, and trying to negotiate from there doesn't make sense. And I would be concerned about the business acumen of a broker who would.

Sure, if you're a very large trader, you can get rates that shave off the last tenth of a cent. But a large trader doesn't have to bother chasing it. It comes to them. The rest of us mortals are stuck back here on earth and have to strike a balance between price and service. If you don't think someone is competitive, teach them the harshest lesson there is, don't do business with them.

Of course don't be surprised if you find there's a level where you have to start making decisions as to what's most important to your trading.

#66     Jun 6, 2002
  7. brokers are redundant (inmost cases)

#67     Jun 6, 2002