Self Clearing and Pricing

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Don Bright, Jun 3, 2002.

1. def

def Sponsor

ticketwatcher,
    i never understand why a fund will take a zero commission (payment for flow) when any intelligent trader knows that they will have to pay the spread to the sales/trader on the institutional desk. Anyone getting free commissions is paying for it in more ways than one.

For example, E-Trade gets paid for each market order. E-Trade wins with double commissions earned and the BD they send the orders to theoretically should win since they make the client pay the spread. The only loser in the equation is the client sending the order.

#51     Jun 6, 2002
  2. Def,

I didn't set up the fund or management fees. Every order went to the BAC desk. We would tell them that we wanted 50K executed at X price and they would work the order. The current price /spread wasn't an issue They just wanted these blocks at the specified price. Some of the stocks were really illiquid. The fund wasn't scalping, in positions for days/ weeks / months.

#52     Jun 6, 2002
  3. def

def Sponsor

Makes sense in cases like that as they are providing a service and any edge they can make off it is fair.

#53     Jun 7, 2002
  4. OK, once again...the main reason that the merger has helped Redi is the additional server farms that keeps the speed up and increases overall reliability. The programming of Redi is already fine...we have all the toys, Redi REserve, scaling, directing, and all the rest.

Now it's your turn, if one is going to shout out vague negatives, tell me about your software, whatever you think is so much better than Redi. Give me specifics about what you have that is making you money...then we can compare notes in a postitive fashion.

Don

#54     Jun 7, 2002