Selective EMA or trendline trading on demand

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by etherboy, Feb 16, 2004.

1. etherboy

etherboy

Hi, everyone! Can anyone tell me if this is possible with the software on the market or will let me program like this, currently I just subscribed to eSignal 30 day Trial and I trade with IB & QT.

I'm exclusively a EMA & Trendline tradeer. Let's say I have 20, 50 and 200 EMA and some trendline already in place on the chart.

Throughout the trading day, if stock price rockets to day high and now 20 EMA > 50 EMA > 200 EMA and starts to pull back, according to market condition, then I would like to buy at 50 EMA. But only now I will activate the 50 EMA line as buying on demand, that is , when stock price fall back and touch 50 EMA, and the software will place a buy order.

And reversely, if stock price fall to day low and now 20 EMA < 50 EMA < 200 EMA and starts to rise, according to market condition I think the price will fall again if stock rise back to 200 EMA. But only now I will activate the 200 EMA line as sell on demand, that is , when stock price rise back and touch 200 EMA, and the software will place a sell order.

And same is trendline.

So basically I want to watch market once in a while and only activate one of the EMA or trendline trading when I need them and let me decide this line is for buying or for selling. Is this possible? Any software will let me do this or program it? I don't want to glue myself to the screen all day long.

2. ig0r

ig0r

You should be able to easily do this in tradestation or wealth lab

3. abogdan

abogdan

You can also do it in eSignal, but it is painful! TS and WLD are the natural choices..

4. What time frame are u using? 5min charts?

5. etherboy

etherboy

I use 1 minute chart for EMA. 30 minutes chart for trendline.

I'll checkout Wealth-Lab and Tradestation, thanks.