Seinfeld vs. Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Donald Trump wasn't laughing when funnyman Jerry Seinfeld canceled an upcoming appearance at a benefit for his son's Eric Trump Foundation.

Seinfeld pulled out of the Sept. 13 event benefiting the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital because he disagrees with The Donald's questioning of Barack Obama's citizenship, his reps said.

"I just learned you canceled a show for my son's charity," Trump fired off in a scorching letter to Seinfeld yesterday, "because of the fact that I am being very aggressive with respect to President Obama, who is doing an absolutely terrible job as our leader."

"Celebrity Apprentice" star Trump piled on the insults, saying he wished he'd canceled his appearance on Seinfeld's "failed" NBC show, "The Marriage Ref."

"We don't care that you broke your commitment," he wrote, "even though the children of St. Jude are very disappointed, and despite the fact that your manager clearly stated you are 'truly a man of his word.'

"What I do feel badly about is that I agreed to do, and did, your failed show, 'The Marriage Ref,' even though I thought it was absolutely terrible . . . Despite its poor ratings, I didn't cancel on you like you canceled on my son and St. Jude. I only wish I did."

The letter ends with the kiss-off, "You should be ashamed of yourself!"

Back in January, before Trump announced a possible presidential run, Seinfeld agreed to perform at the foundation event at the Trump National Golf Club in Briarcliff Manor. But "Jerry has grown increasingly uncomfortable" with Trump's questioning Obama's citizenship, said a Seinfeld rep.

"Jerry . . . feels this kind of demagoguery has no place in public discourse . . . He has respectfully withdrawn from the event, and is making a contribution both to the Eric Trump Foundation and to [St. Jude]."

Now the Trumps won't need to fulfill Seinfeld's snack-heavy rider, which included demands for Hershey's Almond Kisses, original Fig Newtons and cold vegetable trays (no baby carrots). Inexplicably, Jerry also insisted on "NO CUSHIONED STOOLS!" Bret Michaels is taking over his slot.

2. Hello

Hello

LOL, dont know what to make of this. On the one hand, i like that he sticks up for himself, and has a backbone, and doesnt let people fuck with him. On the other hand, if he actually gets into the political world, he is going to sour the voters pretty quickly if he goes after everyone who crosses his path this ruthlessly.

I like what Maverick said yesterday about buying a straddle on trumps career. By the time hes done he will have either burned so many bridges that he cant show himself in public, or he will be incredibly famous. There is no in between for Trumps career anymore at this point.

3. That Jerry is gold in my book. Whereas, once again, Agent Orange has shown no class.

4. I have always loved Seinfeld,greatest comedy sitcom ever.I'm an even bigger fan now

5. Trump is so thin skinned, hard to imagine he could actually make it in the world of politics.

Reminds me of Palin...another perpetual victim.

Wait until Donald learns to use twitter, then we can get the type of deep stuff we get from Palin on twitter.

6. :(

7. Hello

Hello

One thing i will add on this is that Seinfeld is no less sleazy when he screws over a charity because of his political beliefs.

When Michael Richards(Kramer) went on an all out tirade and said that we should have "black people hanging from trees with pitchforks up their asses." Seinfeld made a point of going on all the late night talkshows to stick up for Kramer.

Now when he was scheduled to do a charity event, apparently he backed out because of Trumps stance on Obama being a birther??!? WTF??? Which one is worse???

Seems like a pretty obvious double standard to me, and one of his obligations was for charity, where as the other one was just sticking up for a friend. The only people being hurt by this is the charity.

8. Hello

Hello

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6pp6WC1Ocz4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6pp6WC1Ocz4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

9. Seinfeld rocks. Trump just lashes out at anyone for any reason. He's the most conceited man on the face of this Earth. I love how he pretends he was doing Seinfeld a favor by being on "The Marriage Ref", when we all know Trump will go on any show just to get publicity any way he can.

Seinfled co-created the greatest sitcom in history. Trump blasting Seinfeld for having a show with low ratings now seems so wrong...

Meanwhile, Trump continues to grace us with his brilliance with shows like "Celebrity Apprentice". LOL He's a joke, plain and simple.

By the way, did you notice how Seinfeld is still donating money to the charity?

10. Hello

Hello

I agree for the most part. I have watched all the old seinnfeld episodes a hundred times. I think seinfeld is a good guy. I also dont like trumps reaction, its incredibly childish, and hes got to expect backlash from what he is doing. Im just questioning why the hell seinfeld would screw over a charity on this issue. When he was more than willing to stick up for Kramer. Surely it isnt a moral issue. It is just him letting his politics get in the way of doing something for charity, the only person he screwed by doing this is the charity. This goes to show you the power that the liberal circles have over the people within them. There is no way a conservative would have backed out of a charity gig had the roles been reversed.

#10     Apr 21, 2011