Seiko Monitors... are they any good

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hardyards, Nov 9, 2006.

1. I never realised that seiko made LCD monitors, but their watches are OK.

Has anyone got some thoughts or experience with these?

2. Tums

Tums

seiko also makes Epson printers, computers, CAD/CAM systerms, PDA, etc.

the LCD is probably an OEM. Afterall, there are only 3~4 major LCD manufacturers in the world.

3. Thanks Tums ... good point.
    I do'nt seem to be having any success in finding the specs for their 26" and 32" on the net.
    Any bright ideas?

4. gnome

gnome

Almost nobody has heard of Seiko as a monitor maker. Fuggetaboutit... and go with a name brand... NEC, Samsung, Acer, Dell, BenQ...

5. gbos

gbos

Their watches used to be OK. Not anymore. If the monitors have the same quality then :(

6. gnome

gnome

Oh, so Seiko did like Sony.... started cheapening the components of their goods to boost the bottom line... that is, making crap under the guise of a name brand which was formerly considered "quality"?

7. gbos

gbos

Well, two out of two Seikos I bought had serious problems within a short time period. A kinetic watch that can’t keep the time due to capacitor-recharging failure problems and a perpetual calendar with a non-rotating calendar mechanism. Maybe Seiko expects their customers to pay 500 Euros for a watch and become beta-testers nowadays.

8. You are not helping me out here guys.

Do I take the offer of a seiko 32" at a good price or not, especially if the components are common to other well known brands.

9. Tums

Tums

this might not be what you want to hear, but this is a straight shooter.