Seiko Monitors... are they any good

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hardyards, Nov 9, 2006.

1. I never realised that seiko made LCD monitors, but their watches are OK.

Has anyone got some thoughts or experience with these?
  2. Tums

seiko also makes Epson printers, computers, CAD/CAM systerms, PDA, etc.

the LCD is probably an OEM. Afterall, there are only 3~4 major LCD manufacturers in the world.
  3. Thanks Tums ... good point.
    I do'nt seem to be having any success in finding the specs for their 26" and 32" on the net.
    Any bright ideas?
  4. Almost nobody has heard of Seiko as a monitor maker. Fuggetaboutit... and go with a name brand... NEC, Samsung, Acer, Dell, BenQ...
  5. gbos

Their watches used to be OK. Not anymore. If the monitors have the same quality then :(
  6. Oh, so Seiko did like Sony.... started cheapening the components of their goods to boost the bottom line... that is, making crap under the guise of a name brand which was formerly considered "quality"?
  7. gbos

Well, two out of two Seikos I bought had serious problems within a short time period. A kinetic watch that can’t keep the time due to capacitor-recharging failure problems and a perpetual calendar with a non-rotating calendar mechanism. Maybe Seiko expects their customers to pay 500 Euros for a watch and become beta-testers nowadays.
  8. You are not helping me out here guys.

Do I take the offer of a seiko 32" at a good price or not, especially if the components are common to other well known brands.
  9. Tums

this might not be what you want to hear, but this is a straight shooter.